The Yashichi (ヤシチ?) is a symbol found in many Capcom video games. It often restores the player's health or acts as a bonus point item. The symbol is a red circle decorated with a stylized white cross that resembles a pinwheel.
The Yashichi first appeared in 1984, in Capcom's first title, Vulgus, as an enemy (it was also featured in Capcom's fifth title, Exed Exes, in a similar role). Since then, it has been featured in many other games in a far more benign role.
In the classic Mega Man series it mainly appears as a recovery item. The item works as a turbine that harnesses the wind to produce vast energy. However, for some reason, it went largely unnoticed by the public and was forgotten.
Mega Man appearances
- In Mega Man, it is a recovery item found as a pick-up in the fourth Wily Stage, just before the teleporter. The Magnet Beam is needed to reach it safely (although if timed right, it is still possible to reach), but it refills Mega Man's health and all his Special Weapons, and is worth one hundred thousand points. There is only one in the entire game, unless a rare glitch occurs where the Yashichi somehow scrolls back onscreen.
- It doesn't appear in the New Style mode of Mega Man: Powered Up, but it can be placed in levels made with the Construction mode.
- In Mega Man 8, it's a recovery item given randomly by the Rush Charger.
- In Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Cut Man uses Yashichi in one of his attacks.
- In Mega Man: Battle & Chase, it is an item called Power Nitro that grants turbo speed and temporary invulnerability.
- In Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, it appears as an icon in a menu.
- In Mega Man ZX Advent, it appears in Floating Ruins 2 as one of the four artifacts to retrieve in a sidequest for a Sub Tank. It's called Pinwheel (風車?) in this game.
- For Mega Man 10, it serves the same function as the first and eighth game as a full refill and primarily appears in Easy Mode.
- It can be seen on Rock's shoes in Mega Man Megamix in the first volumes story "The Birth of Mega Man".
- It also appears in Mega Man: The Wily Wars.
|List of Robot Masters|
|Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Bomb Man • Fire Man • Elec Man|
|Yellow Devil • Copy Robot • CWU-01P • Wily Machine 1|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
|Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Hyper Bomb • Fire Storm • Thunder Beam|
|Mega Man's Support Items|
|List of Enemies|
|Adhering Suzy • Blaster • Big Eye • Bunby Heli • Bombombomb • Changkey • Crazy Razy • Foot Holder • Gabyoall • Kamadoma|
Killer Bomb • Flying Shell • Metall • Pepe • Pickelman • Screwdriver • Sniper Joe • Super Cutter • Watcher
|Game Script • List of Enemies • Damage Data Chart • Miscellaneous Data|
|Mega Man ZX Advent|
| Buckfire the Gaxelleroid • Chronoforce the Xiphosuroid • Rospark the Floroid • Queenbee the Hymenopteroid|
Vulturon the Condoroid • Hedgeshock the Erinaceroid • Argoyle and Ugoyle the Shisaroids • Bifrost the Crocoroid
|Dogu the Giant • Siarnaq • Atlas • Aeolus • Thetis |
Vent • Aile • Prometheus • Pandora • Master Albert
|Database • Items • Game Script (Grey's story • Ashe's story)|