Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|X and Zero using Yammar Option.|
Yammar Option (ヤンマーオプション Yanmā Opushon?) is a Special Weapon obtainable in Mega Man X6 by defeating Commander Yammark. When equipped with this weapon, X (or Zero) creates three dragonflies around him, costing 3 uses. These dragonflies can fire green energy shots if the player presses the Triangle Button (and the Square button in addition for Zero). The dragonflies can also physically inflict damage on the opponent for a limited time. If they take too many hits, they are destroyed. It costs one use of the weapon for each dragonfly the player has to replace.
When X charges this weapon, he creates three flashing yellow dragonflies around him, and they shoot yellow energy shots automatically in random directions. This goes on for approximately 10-15 seconds, then it stops and the player will have three normal dragonflies. The dragonflies cannot be destroyed while the charged weapon is in effect, and they will fire their yellow energy shots 24 times before they turn normal. After the player uses the charged weapons, if they charge it up again, they can actually redo the charged shot for one use of the normal weapon plus one use of the normal weapon for each dragonfly that needs to be replaced.
There are differences between the two hunters' Yammar Option:
- In X's version, in addition to being able to charge, is that he can choose to fire either his own native X-Buster or fire the shots from the active dragonflies around him.
- In Zero's version, the dragonflies around him will fire shots whenever Zero attacks using his Z-Saber or Z-Buster.
Yammar Option is Ground Scaravich's primary weakness.
Damage Data Charts
Damage values in units in Mega Man X6.
- For Yammar Option, the two numbers for each set is damage inflicted in its normal state and charged state, respectively: first numbers are damage from contact with the dragonfly drones; second numbers are from the shots fired from them.
Damage values in units in Mega Man X6.
- For Yammar Option, the first number is damage inflicted from contact with the dragonfly drones; second number is from the shots fired from them.
- Interestingly, Yammar Option is the only weapon that can destroy the Nightmare Insects in Commander Yammark's stage; any other weapons will otherwise cause them to regenerate.
- Nightmare Bugs are also another Nightmare phenomenon that can only be destroyed with Yammar Option.
- Interestingly, in the beta version of Mega Man X6, Illumina had a primary weakness to this weapon before it changed to Meteor Rain in the finished product. The reason for this change is unknown.
|Nature/Wood Special Weapons and Techniques|
|Mega Man Classic series||Hornet Chaser • Leaf Shield • Plant Barrier • Search Snake|
|Mega Man X series - X||Green Spinner • Spike Ball • Yammar Option|
|Mega Man X series - Axl||Blast Launcher|
|Mega Man X series||Renyoudan • Twin Dream • Yammar Option • Youdantotsu|
|Mega Man X6|
|List of Mavericks|
| Commander Yammark • Ground Scaravich • Blaze Heatnix • Blizzard Wolfang • Rainy Turtloid |
Metal Shark Player • Shield Sheldon • Infinity Mijinion
|D-1000 • Zero Nightmare • Dynamo • Nightmare Mother • High Max • Gate • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Yammar Option • Ground Dash • Magma Blade • Ice Burst • Meteor Rain • Metal Anchor • Guard Shell • Ray Arrow|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Yammar Option • Sentsuizan • Shoenzan • Hyoroga • Ensuizan • Rakukojin • Guard Shell • Rekkoha|
| - Mega Man X -|
Falcon Armor • Blade Armor • Shadow Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Walkthrough • Parts • Rescuable Reploids • List of Enemies |
Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) • Game Script (X's story) • Game Script (Zero's story)