|This article is about the original Wind Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see WindMan.EXE.|
Wind Man (ウインドマン Uindoman?) is an air-themed Robot Master that was originally created to work in agriculture, helping in the harvest. He has a strong rivalry with Air Man. In the First Annual Robot Tournament, he was stolen and reprogrammed by Mr. X to help him in his plan to conquer the world.
With his weapon, Wind Storm, he can generate powerful winds that can reach a speed of 200 m/s, which he uses to pull enemies, increasing the speed if damaged. Wind Man has jet engines in his feet that allow him to hover and move faster, which he also uses to attack by moving above the opponent to smash him with his weight. His weakness is the Centaur Flash.
Wind Man attacks by shooting two propellers, one up and one down, each one in a similar wavy fashion. It is avoided by timing a jump over them when they get joined. He also tries to suck Mega Man towards him and deal touch damage. It is avoided by sliding to the opposite direction Mega Man is being sucked. Wind Man also lifts himself and tries to land over Mega Man. This is avoided by sliding below him before he even lands over him. His weakness is the Centaur Flash, but the player has fair enough energy to defeat him, so it is recommended not to use it on his level so the player arrives at his room with a full weapon gauge. On battle, if used on him, the player should wait until Wind Man stops flashing after being damaged to use it again without wasting any energy with no use. It defeats him in seven flashes.
Mega Man 6 stats
Energy: Wind Energy
HT: 169 cm (5.5 feet)
WT: 173 kg (381 lbs.)
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Wind Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 6.
|Mega Man 6|
|Mega Buster||Blizzard Attack||Centaur Flash||Flame Blast||Knight Crush||Plant Barrier||Silver Tomahawk||Wind Storm||Yamato Spear||Rush Power Adapter||Beat|
In the manga series, Wind Man is a Chinese robot that entered in the first World Robot Championship in the story "The Strongest Enemy to Date".
- His real life designer, Michael Leader, is North American, one of the first two non-Japanese persons to win a Mega Man character contest, the other in Mega Man 6 being Knight Man's designer.
- Originally, a boss submission for Mega Man 2 retained the same name as the aforementioned Robot Master.
- Air Man and Wind Man share a large number of traits: combat pattern (both attack with wind - Air Man in the form of the Air Shooter and Wind Man to push/pull opponents from him), stage design (both have creature-inspired enemies), and weapon (both take the form of tornadoes).
- Air Man's rivalry with Wind Man is likely because Wind Man is technically a successor to Air Man due to his later appearance and higher serial number (implying he is more advanced or else Wind Man should have been built first).
- Wind Man is believed to represent China. The queue on his head could further support this.
- Wind Man's and Mega Man's versions of Wind Storm doesn't match, like other robot masters weapons.