|He protects the secret weapon of the jungle.|
|Guerrilla Commander of the Jungle|
- "You've labeled us all as Mavericks! I won't let you pass. Turn back now!"
- ―Web Spider, Mega Man X4
Web Spider, known as Web Spidus (ウェブ・スパイダス?) in Japan, is a Spider-based Maverick who works for Repliforce as the commander of their guerrilla unit. Before his military career with Repliforce, he was once a Maverick Hunter, belonging to the 0th Special Unit. When Repliforce began their war for independence, he remained loyal and was stationed in the jungle, charged with guarding a powerful beam cannon hidden there.
Power & Abilities
- He can move quite fast (when ascending on the tree & move in its crown).
- He can charge electricity (Zero will learn this technique called Raijingeki) to create strings (help him ascend & descend on the tree) or web networks (X will have gain this weapon called Lightning Web) or even a much larger one.
- He can shoot robotic spiders from his "abdomen" part.
At the start of the battle his attack strategy is to conceal himself in the leaf canopy above and only dropping down to fire small homing webs (Lightning Web). When his health is reduced to below half, he will create a large web network and crawl around erratically shooting out either small robotic spiders or homing webs. Web Spider's weakness is the Twin Slasher obtained from Slash Beast; it can cut his web, causing him to fall and resulting in heavy damage. As for Zero, Ryuenjin can be hard to use on Web Spider, so use the regular saber. Shippuuga is also effective on him, but he needs to be in the right place for it to hit him, which requires Zero to use his jumping saber slashes mostly.
Most bosses show the ability or type of weapon that the player will gain once they defeat them (bosses). Lightning Web for X is based Web Spider's ability to create web networks while Raijingeki for Zero is simple based on his ability to charge electricity.
Stage description: Infiltrate enemy-occupied jungle and destroy the weapon under construction.
Enemies in Web Spider's stage, the Jungle.
When Playing as X
Web Spider: You've labeled us all as Mavericks! I won't let you pass. Turn back now!
When Playing as Zero
Web Spider: Ah... Zero. I've been expecting you.
Zero: Spider! You work for Repliforce?!
Web Spider: Yes... I lead a renegade unit now.
Zero: There's still time, call off the coup!
Web Spider: No. I know where my loyalties lie.
Web Spider appears in the Worlds Unite crossover event as one of the many Mega Man X characters featured in Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog comics. He is one of many Mavericks who appears alongside Sigma-2, having been cloned as part of a Maverick army that is deployed to attack various worlds.
- Web Spider is similar to Bospider in appearance. One of his attacks also involves throwing out small spider robots that scuttle along the ground and side walls, reminiscent to Bospider as well.
- If the player shoots a charged Twin Slasher at Web Spider when the battle starts, a glitch occurs where the player cannot attack him, forcing them to restart the battle.
- Although he is one of several Mavericks that are based on arthropods, Web Spider is the only arachnid Maverick.
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)