Vector the Crocodile (ベクター・ザ・クロコダイル Bekutā za Kurokodairu?) is a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe series. An anthropomorphic crocodile, he is the leader of the private investigative agency Chaotix.
Vector, alongside team members Espio the Chameleon and Charmy Bee, were tasked by Sonic the Hedgehog to investigate the disappearances of Miles "Tails" Prower, Knuckles the Echidna, and Amy Rose. However, as they were investigating, they ended up captured by Copy Robot via a teleportation beam. Vector was then transformed into the Roboticized Master Vector Man by Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman. His Special Weapon is Acoustic Blaster.
After the Genesis Unit and Copy Robot were defeated by Sonic, Proto Man, Mega Man, Rush, and Tails, Vector Man, alongside Espio Man and Charmy Man, were dispatched by the two doctors to fight them. Tails then proceeded to modify Mega Man's Mega Buster to perform the Spin Dash Buster technique to avoid having to undergo the same process as they did while he was still Tails Man due to the trio ganging up on them, with Vector being hit by the ability, restoring him to his original form and Mega Man copying the Acoustic Blaster, which he utilized on Charmy Man.
He alongside the rest of his Chaotix group members and Proto Man tried to crack the passcode to the Wily Egg's teleporter room, but were ultimately unable to crack it before all Roboticized Masters save for the newly created Rouge Woman were restored to their original selves, and proceeded to fight several time-cloned Robot Masters with Rouge Woman leading the Robot Masters. During the fight, Vector confronted the Robot Master Snake Man and pummeled him, also telling the latter that the Robot Master was "a disgrace to reptiles everywhere."
- During Sonic's fight with the Roboticized Team Chaotix, there was a planned joke in Sonic likening Vector Man to Wheel Gator from Mega Man X2. The reference was dropped as there wasn't a way to fit it in and was dismissed in favor of making a reference to a Sega Genesis character who was also named Vectorman.
- Roboticized Vectorman shares the same name with Vectorman on the Sega Genesis
- Vector the Crocodile (video game version) at Sonic News Network
- Vector the Crocodile (Archie Comics version) at Sonic News Network
- Vector the Crocodile at Mobius Encyclopedia, the Archie Sonic wiki
|Sonic the Hedgehog / Mega Man: Worlds Collide|