This enemy also makes a cameo appearance in the animated intro of the CD ports of Mega Man X3, where X uses it to defeat Launch Octopus.
Hits Data Chart
|Mega Man X|
|Mega Buster||Shotgun Ice||Electric Spark||Rolling Shield||Homing Torpedo||Boomerang Cutter||Chameleon Sting||Storm Tornado||Fire Wave||Hadouken|
- For X-Buster, the four damage values are listed according to how long the weapon is charged. The first number is damage done with uncharged shots; the second number is when the weapon is charged slightly (cyan); third number is when the X-Buster is charged even more (yellow); fourth number is when the X-Buster is fully charged (pink).
- Sometimes, an uncharged shot will inflict two units of damage instead of one, if the enemy has just started moving or if X fires a shot while he is dashing.
- For the eight Special Weapons, the first number is damage done when the weapon is used in normal fire; the second is when the weapon is used in its charged state.
- For Chameleon Sting, as the weapon's secondary fire renders X invincible and is incapable of inflicting damage on enemies and bosses, the damage values list only the normal fire of this weapon.
- For Homing Torpedo, Boomerang Cutter, Storm Tornado and Fire Wave: the secondary fire for these weapons are capable of inflicting multiple hits on a target, so the values listed on the second number is the amount of damage done per hit, not the total amount of damage done.
- Utuboros does not have an invincibility frame, so Storm Tornado does considerable damage.
Scrap (スクラップ) is a broken Utuboros head that appears in the conveyor belts of Flame Mammoth's stage in Mega Man X and Mega Man Xtreme 2. They are harmless unless they fall on top of X.
- "Utsubo" (ウツボ) is Japanese for moray eel. The name Utuboros could also be a reference to the word Uroboros which is the name of a serpent devouring its own tail, or a combination of the two. Ouroboros is also the name of the last stage in Mega Man ZX Advent, which is an air fortress shaped like its namesake.
- In Mega Man ZX Advent, a broken Utuboros appears in the Oil Field area in one of the side-quests. If the quest is completed, it is put on display in one of the rooms from Hunter's Camp.