Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This page is about the original Turbo Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see TurboMan.EXE.|
Turbo Man (ターボマン Tāboman?) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Wily in Mega Man 7. As Wily had run out of parts to create robots whilst building him, he used parts from his old car to create Turbo Man, and used petrol as his primary energy source.
Turbo Man has the ability to transform into a racing car form called Crash Drive (クラッシュドライブ Kurasshu Doraibu?), but the transformation system is incomplete and ultrasonic waves like the Noise Crush can damage him. However, he becomes an invincible electric car for a short time if charged with high voltage electricity, being able to attack in his car form multiple times in succession. His Special Weapon is Scorch Wheel, a wheel of fire that rolls along the ground.
His Mega Man & Bass CD data says he recently had a cutting-edge car stereo system installed, and his hobby is to drive around at high speed with the volume high. He also plans to install air bags someday. Turbo Man also has a very strong dislike for Punk, most likely because his tires could burst and flatten if he touches his blades and spikes. The English CD database says he dislikes Burst Man instead, possibly because the robot's soap-like substances can lead Turbo Man to skid around on slippery roads.
Turbo Man and Quick Man are rivals, and in Quick Man's ending of Mega Man: Battle & Chase, Quick Man enters the Battle & Chase competition to challenge Turbo Man in a race, but he could not enter the competition due to a problem. In the Japanese version, Turbo Man says he saw the race on TV and calls Quick Man for a race in the G-1 Circuit, where they can run at top speed.
First, Turbo Man will use his Scorch Wheel, jump to the ceiling and fire it at Mega Man in midair, then making it split into four fireballs that make fire pillars when they make contact with the floor, aiming to hit Mega Man. It is very dangerous if the player gets hit, as the fire that makes up the Scorch Wheel is a special fire that not only damages Mega Man, but traps him in flames and every half second consumes a unit of health from Mega Man. It can be avoided by jumping from the edges of his lair (depending where Mega Man is), making him fire it to the wall and missing Mega Man (however, it may be necessary to slide if necessary to avoid it), then sliding towards Turbo Man and then to the opposite side to make the fire pillars fall and miss Mega Man. Then he will start up his engine, either trying to suck Mega Man into the fire pillars, or just into him. This is avoided by standing on the edge of his lair and sliding to avoid being hit by him or by just shooting a charged shot from the Mega Buster, which will make him flinch and stop sucking Mega Man towards him then hopping to where he was. Then he will transform into the Crash Drive and drive back and forth across the room several times, being invincible while driving. He makes a screeching noise, turns his motor on and drives towards Mega Man. It is avoided by jumping after he turns on his motor.
His weakness is the Noise Crush, and it prevents him from using his Scorch Wheel, making him go directly to the phase of driving towards Mega Man, although he will do it once. It defeats him in ten uncharged shots and five charged ones. He is also immune to the Thunder Bolt which super charges him and makes him invincible, and makes him Crash Drive three times before returning to normal.
The player can also use the Super Adapter against him. Not only will it hit him with the rocket punch (if earned in his stage by using Rush Search on the first traffic light before the checkpoint), it becomes easier to dodge the Scorch Wheel.
Stage description: Champ of the Roads
Translation: Wily created this robot by modifying an old car, and because his attacks are also powered by gasoline, this robot has very poor gas mileage. Special weapon is Burning Wheel.
- Note: Burning Wheel is misspelled as "Burning Oil" in the database.
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Turbo Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 7.
|Mega Man 7|
|Mega Buster||Freeze Cracker||Junk Shield||Danger Wrap||Thunder Bolt||Wild Coil||Slash Claw||Noise Crush||Scorch Wheel||Super Adapter|
- *For Mega Buster, Wild Coil and Noise Crush, the first number is the damage done when the weapon is fired normally; the second number is damage done when the weapon is charged up.
- *For Freeze Cracker, the first number is when the shot is whole; the second number is after it splits.
Turbo Man appears during the Worlds Collide crossover arc as part of a large army of evil Robot Masters. He joins forces with several other high speed Robot Masters to attack Sonic the Hedgehog, but is tripped by Quick Man after Sonic knocks him down.
Turbo Man is one of the racers in the story "Burning Wheel", which is named after his weapon. He entered in the Battle & Chase competition alongside Dr. Wily and his robots, but under the disguise of a robot created by "Ray Blewilt", an anagram of Albert Wily. During the race, he tries to burn Mega Man, but he dodges and it hits "Proto Man" instead, revealing that he was actually Dark Man 4. After a brief conversation, Mega Man realizes that Turbo Man is one of Wily's robots and they fight.
Turbo Man appeared in the fifth issue of the Brazilian comic, where he is the host of a race.
- Turbo Man's weapon is called Burning Wheel in Japan, as well as in the English version of Mega Man: The Power Battle.
- The extra part "Retro Turbo Engine" from Mega Man Battle & Chase resembles Turbo Man's engine.
- Turbo Man is the first of the few Robot Masters that can to transform into a vehicle, alongside Ground Man, Galaxy Man, and Nitro Man.
- In Mega Man Gigamix, Turbo Man is one of the few Robot Masters to lack Dr. Wily's W-symbol, possibly due to him being inserted into the Battle & Chase competition in disguise.
- Turbo Man's stage in Mega Man: The Power Battle is a remix of the opening stage from Mega Man 7.
- Turbo Man's weakness to the Noise Crush is in reference to the constant issue of mufflers and its effect on automobile engines. Mufflers themselves must be of the right type for the engine they are designed to reduce the noise for said engine's activity. However, a common issue is how mufflers themselves inadvertently reduce engine efficiency by obstructing the exhaust flow and that a damaged one worsens its already existing back pressure.
- Turbo Man is one of the two Robot Masters in Mega Man 7 to be affected by a possible glitch, which can kill him instantly. The other is Spring Man. If Noise Crush is fired just before opening the door to enter Turbo Man's room (with very precise timing), the Noise Crush will hit him while he executes his intro and defeat him instantly, before the battle begins. This was not corrected in Mega Man Anniversary Collection.