Before the robot revolt, he was permanently stationed at a weather regulation facility. Dr. Light equipped him with powerful equipment, such as the fans attached to his arm, to allow him to stave off tropical storms.
Tornado Man will often stay airborne while using his Tornado Blow, which consists of four gusts traveling upwards across the screen. During this attack, Mega Man's jump height will be increased. The player should watch out for this, since there are spike traps in the ceiling which Mega Man could touch while under these conditions.
Tornado Man's weakness is the Plug Ball. Even though he stays airborne most of the time this should not be a problem, since he will frequently stay next to the ceiling, allowing the Plug Ball to reach him by running up the walls and along the ceiling.
Tornado Man's stage is characterized by its large aerial portions, putting Mega Man under the great danger of falling to his death. These sections feature battery-like moving platforms which spin in a circular motion around their own axis, causing Mega Man to spin around them while standing on them. The latter portions of the stage are also affected by heavy storms. As such, the wind will push Mega Man while he's in mid-air. It is recommended to visit this stage after defeating five Robot Masters, as this will allow the player to use the Rush Jet.
- Classical Cannon (Superhero mode only)
- Machine Gun Joe
- Metall β
- Shield Attacker RX
Appearance in other mediaEdit
- During production, Tornado Man was originally going be called Weather Man (ウェザーマン?) and his designs was based around a weather satellite. His weapons would've been called Hurricane Blow. Also, other eariler artworks show Tornado Man with jet turbines on his shoulders.
- Tornado Man holds a close resemblance to Harpuia, from the Mega Man Zero series.
- His stage and fighting style also resemble Air Man, from Mega Man 2.
- Due to color limitations, Tornado Man's eyes are green in his mugshot, when they are actually blue in the artwork.
- He is one of the Robot Masters to be mimicked by the Weapons Archive, from Mega Man 10.
- His stage music was featured in the first Mega Man 9 trailer.