|Mega Man using Tornado Blow.|
Tornado Blow (トルネードブロウ Torunēdo Burou?) is Tornado Man's Special Weapon in Mega Man 9. It is a weapon that reaches all over the screen, blowing away enemies with low health as well as some projectiles, or damaging stronger, larger enemies for four units of damage. The wind it creates also allows Mega Man to jump higher (this is also true when Tornado Man uses the weapon when fighting him) and activates air-based platforms; this is needed for the first stage from Dr. Wily's Castle.
Damage Data Chart
Damage values in units in Mega Man 9.
- For "Spike Shooters" and Wily Machine No. 9's first phase, both bosses do not have data for them because they must be damaged with their own weapon or obstacle -- the Tornado Blow cannot inflict damage to them directly.
- For the Shark Submarine's second phase, if both hatches are intact then Tornado Blow will deal 4 damage to both, ending up with 8 damage.
One use of Tornado Blow costs seven weapon energy units. It can only be used four times with a full weapon energy gauge.
Bosses weak against the Tornado Blow
- Tornado Blow is tied with Astro Crush for being the third most expensive special weapon to use in the Classic series, in relation to the times they can be used, losing to the Time Slow and the Time Stopper.
- However, if the Astro Crush is paired with the Energy Saver, this makes Tornado Blow the single third most expensive special weapon to use in the classic series.
- Along with Time Stopper, Astro Crush and Jewel Satellite, Tornado Blow is one of the few weapons that does not have enough energy to defeat the boss it is weak against, unless fired when they are jumping (though this requires frame precise timing).