|This article is about the Robot Master Toad Man. For information on his NetNavi counterpart, see ToadMan.EXE.|
Toad Man (トードマン Tōdoman?) is an agricultural Robot Master that was created by Doctor Mikhail Cossack for irrigation. When Dr. Wily forced Dr. Cossack to fight against Mega Man in Mega Man 4, Toad Man was modified for combat. His Special Weapon, the Rain Flush, is an unavoidable attack that brings a strong acid rain to a wide area. Like the animal he is based on, Toad Man can jump high.
Video game appearancesEdit
Toad Man is one of the eight bosses. His attack pattern is very simple. It is also easily exploited, making him one of the easiest Robot Masters in the series. Toad Man will hop around the room. Slide under him to avoid getting hit. He will occasionally stop hopping to attack with his Rain Flush, which consumes the entire area with acid rain. Though the attack does a great deal of damage, it can be canceled altogether by shooting Toad Man before the attack is used. When Drill Bomb is used on him, it will deal high damage but the pattern is the same.
Toad Man is one of the first four bosses. His attack pattern is similar to Mega Man 4.
Toad Man is a balanced player that don't has his own team. In Tournament mode he is a member of the Cut Man, Wood Man, Needle Man, Dust Man, and Dr. Wily teams. In League mode he is part of the Needle Man and Pharaoh Man teams.
Toad Man is one of the bosses fought in the final stages. His strategy is similar to Mega Man 4.
- Toad Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man Powered Up as a decoration in Roll's "Rainy Day Roll" costume. However, he can't be seen in-game due to his small size.
- Toad Man appears in the CD database from Mega Man & Bass.
- Toad Man appears on the loading screen for Mega Man 7 in Mega Man: Anniversary Collection, despite not appearing in the game.
- Toad Man is one of the four bosses in the 25th Anniversary Special World from Rockman ×over.
Enemies in Toad Man's stages from Mega Man 4 and Mega Man IV, an area with rain and wind that pushes the player back and makes pitfalls more dangerous.
Damage Data ChartEdit
Amount of damage in units that Toad Man receives from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 4.
|Mega Man 4|
|Mega Buster||Flash Stopper||Rain Flush||Drill Bomb||Pharaoh Shot||Ring Boomerang||Dust Crusher||Dive Missile||Skull Barrier||Wire Adaptor|
*For the Mega Buster and Pharaoh Shot, the first digit is when the weapon is fired normally and the second is when it is fully charged.
Toad Man appeared in the episode Robosaur Park from Ruby-Spears' Mega Man animated series. In the series, he had a mouth.
Toad Man is a farm worker robot capable of causing rainfall in regions suffering from a drought. His Rain Flush ability is comprised of a two-step process: the environmental preparation, then the actual rainfall. In step one, Toad Man emits a spray of high-pressure liquid. (The liquid in this spray is a special ionized colloidal mixture.) The resulting water vapor rapidly expands and reaches its freezing point in the atmosphere. In the second step, Toad Man sprinkles ice crystals into the forming clouds to force the development of rain. When working on farms, Toad Man mixed fertilizers and pesticides into his rain, but after being modified for combat in preparation for his battle against Mega Man, Toad Man instead created acid rain.
Toad Man first appeared in the story " Grim Reaper of Resurrection", which happens after Mega Man's battle against Dr. Cossack. When Skull Man attacked Dr. Cossack's Citadel, Toad Man is one of the three robots left behind, and he informs Mega Man what happened. He and Dive Man are repaired by Bright Man and they help Mega Man search Dr. Cossack.
- Toad Man appears as No. 29 (DWN-029) in the credits of Mega Man 4. This is Ring Man's number, which appears with Pharaoh Man's number, which appears with Toad Man's number.
- Toad Man's dislike is Snake Man, where Snake Man likes Toad Man. This may have to do with the fact that some snakes can eat toads without fear of poisoning.
- Many players consider Toad Man the easiest boss in Mega Man 4, as well as one of the easiest main bosses in Mega Man history. If the player shoots Toad Man after every hop, he will never attack. In the Game Gear game however, Toad Man hops considerably faster, making avoiding his jumps and attacking him more difficult.
- Toad Man is one of the few animal-themed Robot Masters, along with Snake Man, Hornet Man, Sheep Man and (from the non-canon PC game) Shark Man.
- The inspiration for his design was the fact that toads are a sign of good rain in some cultures.
- The fact Toad Man is hard of hearing if not completely deaf results from all amphibians having poor hearing, if any at all.
|Mega Man IV|
| Bright Man • Toad Man • Pharaoh Man • Ring Man |
Stone Man • Charge Man • Napalm Man • Crystal Man
|"Satellite Cannon" • Ballade • "Bridge" • Hunter • Wily Robo Iron Golem • Wily Capsule|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
| Flash Stopper • Rain Flush • Pharaoh Shot • Ring Boomerang|
Power Stone • Charge Kick • Napalm Bomb • Crystal Eye • Ballade Cracker
|Mega Man's Support Items|
|Rush Coil • Rush Jet • Beat|
|Damage Data Chart • Enemies • Wily Station • Wily Battleship|