Thunder Slimer (サンダースライマー Sandā Suraimā) is the sub-boss in Spark Mandrill's stage, a robot encased in a huge blob of blue slime that protects it. It releases smaller blue slime blobs around the room that can glue X to the floor, making him an easy target to Thunder Slimer's attacks. Dashing and charged Buster shots can free X if he becomes glued to the floor.
Under normal circumstances, Thunder Slimer can, in addition to throwing slime and doing a body slam, shoot bolts of electricity. Before using its electric attack, Thunder Slimer must recharge in the center of the ceiling. If Storm Eagle had been defeated before, the Death Rogumer will fall in Spark Mandrill's stage, causing the power plant to lose energy and Thunder Slimer won't be able to recharge, making the battle easier.
After Mega Man X defeats this robot, it explodes and releases a ton of slime balls out that are harmless to X.
Hits Data Chart
|Mega Man X|
|Mega Buster||Shotgun Ice||Electric Spark||Rolling Shield||Homing Torpedo||Boomerang Cutter||Chameleon Sting||Storm Tornado||Fire Wave||Hadouken|
- For X-Buster, the four damage values are listed according to how long the weapon is charged. The first number is damage done with uncharged shots; the second number is when the weapon is charged slightly (cyan); third number is when the X-Buster is charged even more (yellow); fourth number is when the X-Buster is fully charged (pink).
- Sometimes, an uncharged shot will inflict two units of damage instead of one, if the enemy has just started moving or if X fires a shot while he is dashing.
- For the eight Special Weapons, the first number is damage done when the weapon is used in normal fire; the second is when the weapon is used in its charged state.
- For Chameleon Sting, as the weapon's secondary fire renders X invincible and is incapable of inflicting damage on enemies and bosses, the damage values list only the normal fire of this weapon.
- For Homing Torpedo, Boomerang Cutter, Storm Tornado and Fire Wave: the secondary fire for these weapons are capable of inflicting multiple hits on a target, so the values listed on the second number is the amount of damage done per hit, not the total amount of damage done.
Thunder Slimer appeared on the Rockman X manga on a power station controlled by Spark Mandrill. Thunder Slimer is the result of a top-secret experiment that was scrapped due to being considered too dangerous to control. As Spark Mandrill recovered it after it was abandoned, Thunder Slimer became very loyal to him. After being defeated by X, Thunder Slimer used its remaining strength to make part of itself jump on X to attack and protect its master before going offline.
Enemies similar to the Thunder Slimer:
|Mega Man X|
|List of Mavericks|
| Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Armored Armadillo • Launch Octopus |
Boomer Kuwanger • Sting Chameleon • Storm Eagle • Flame Mammoth
|Vile • Bospider • Rangda Bangda • D-Rex • Velguarder • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
| Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Rolling Shield • Homing Torpedo |
Boomerang Cutter • Chameleon Sting • Storm Tornado • Fire Wave
|Armor Parts • Mega Man X Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X enemies • Damage Data Chart • Script|