|Mega Man X equipped with Soul Body.|
- "Accumulates energy and generates an illusion. Enemies will sustain damage if struck by the soul energy. Requires high energy expenditures however and will dissipate in time or if it sustains heavy damage."
- ―In-game text, Mega Man X4
Soul Body (ソウルボディ Souru Bodi?) is the Special Weapon that X obtains from Split Mushroom in Mega Man X4. When X equips this weapon, a silhouette-like hologram of himself is created in front of him. In its normal state, the hologram does nothing more than mimic X's actions and will disappear after a short period of time, or after taking enough damage. When fully charged, a solid, un-armored hologram of X is created that is restricted to the area of the current screen. Controls are passed to the clone - it can fire, but it cannot charge up like X can. Both X and the clone are immune during the duration. The clone hologram will disappear after a short period of time or if it falls into a bottomless pit.
Mega Man X5
In Mega Man X5, X will occasionally use this weapon against Zero (if the player chooses Zero). Unlike in X4, however, X can send out many of the holograms from his body to Zero's position on the screen. This weapon does a fairly decent amount of damage to the red Maverick Hunter if the holograms connect: in Normal Mode, Soul Body does 8 damage; on Easy and Xtreme modes, the attack powers are 6 and 10 respectively. When X is defeated, he will use Soul Body as a sneaky last-ditch blow on Zero before falling to the ground. Oddly, after the fight against Zero (when playing as X), X mentions to Zero how he never expected Zero to use Soul Body (it is possible that the last-ditch blow that Zero preforms on X is actually either Twin Dream or W-Shredder).
Damage Data Chart
Damage values in units in Mega Man X4.
- For Soul Body, the first number is damage done with the hologram, and the second number is damage inflicted with the buster shots fired from the solid hologram; the solid hologram itself cannot inflict damage to bosses.
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
- Copy Vision from Mega Man & Bass
- Twin Dream from Mega Man X5 (Zero only)
- Argoyle & Ugoyle A-Trans form from Mega Man ZX Advent
Counterpart to this Weapon
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)