|This page is about the original Slash Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see SlashMan.EXE.|
Slash Man (スラッシュマン Surasshuman?) is a Robot Master from the Mega Man series created by Dr. Wily to clear forests for the construction of his secret bases. His design was based on Pluto from Mega Man V- due to this similarity in design, it is likely that Slash Man boasts similar movement speed and agility. In Mega Man 7, Slash Man is in charge of an army of dinosaur robots, but due to his fast mobility and wild temperament, his comrades have trouble keeping up with him. He has a liking for jungle fruits and vegetables, but has a dislike for nail clippers.
Slash Man's Special Weapon, the Slash Claw, is a portable version of a wave-like cutting device used to destroy asteroids, released in the form of a pair of razor-sharp claws on his forearms. He can also bind enemies with a red adhesive substance, holding them in place as he prepares to attack, which when combined with his speed and attacking power, make him a deadly opponent at close range. He is vulnerable to drastic changes in temperature, tending to hibernate in cold winters and dehydrate in hot environments, thus he is vulnerable to the Freeze Cracker and the Scorch Wheel.
Video game appearances
- "This robot moves quickly. You better beat him as fast as possible! He does not have any projectile move. Shoot him at a distance!"
- ―Dr. Light, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
- Slash Man is one of the second four bosses in Mega Man 7. He is weak to Freeze Cracker and Scorch Wheel.
- Slash Man is one of the six bosses from the Mega Man 7 course in Mega Man: The Power Battle. He is vulnerable to Junk Shield.
- Slash Man is one of the six bosses from the Rescue Roll! course in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters. His weakness is Dive Missile.
- Slash Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man 10 as data of the Weapons Archive. Like Slash Man's weakness to Freeze Cracker, his data is vulnerable to the ice weapon Chill Spike.
- Slash Man is in the Mega Man & Bass database.
- The extra part "Blade Tire" from Mega Man: Battle & Chase resembles Slash Man's claws.
Stage description: Jurassic Jungle
- Power Battle: もとはひみつきちけんせつようのばっさいロボットで、きょうりゅうロボットぐんだんのじんとうしきようにかいぞうされる。しかし、そのきどうりょくのたかさから、たんどくこうどうがおおい。とくしゅぶきは、スラッシュクローじゃ。
- Power Fighters: ＰＢにもとうじょうしたスラッシュマンはロックマン７でとうじょう。とくしゅぶきスラッシュクローは、うちゅうせんようのそうびひんをこがたかしたもののようじゃ
- Power Battle: Originally a logging robot for secret base constructions, was modified to be the spearhead for a dinosaur robot army. However, because of his high mobility, he often acts alone. Special weapon is Slash Claw.
- Power Fighters: Also appeared in PB, Slash Man appeared in Rockman 7. His special weapon, Slash Claw, is a minituarized space dedicated equipment.
- Sub-boss: King Gojulus
- Derusu Bee
- Sniper Joe 01
- Spiral Gabyoall
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Slash Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 7.
|Mega Man 7|
|Mega Buster||Freeze Cracker||Junk Shield||Danger Wrap||Thunder Bolt||Wild Coil||Slash Claw||Noise Crush||Scorch Wheel||Super Adapter|
- *For Mega Buster, Wild Coil and Noise Crush, the first number is the damage done when the weapon is fired normally; the second number is damage done when the weapon is charged up.
- *For Freeze Cracker, the first number is when the shot is whole; the second number is after it splits.
He also had a brief appearance in Worlds Collide, fighting alongside an army of other Robot Masters on the orders of Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman. He joined a group of high speed Robot Masters-including Metal Man, Nitro Man, Turbo Man, and Charge Man-in pursuing Sonic the Hedgehog. Unfortunately, the whole group found themselves in a pileup after Sonic tripped Quick Man, who had sped ahead of the rest of them to attack the speedster.
- Slash Man was originally called "Claw Man" by his designer. [Citation needed]
- Slash Man's stage may have been inspired partially by an episode of the Mega Man cartoon called Robosaur Park, which takes place in a tropical park full of robotic dinosaur replicas.
- Slash Man's claws may be inspired by the primary weapon of Vega, a character from Capcom's Street Fighter series. This is further reinforced by the fact that Vega made his debut in 1991's Street Fighter II, 4 years before Mega Man 7.
- Slash Man may also be inspired by Wolverine from Marvel's X-Men due to his feral appearence as well as having razor claws on both forearms.
|Mega Man: The Power Battle|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass|
| - Mega Man 1~2 -|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Crash Man • Heat Man • Wood Man
- Mega Man 3~6 -
Magnet Man • Gemini Man • Dust Man • Gyro Man • Napalm Man • Plant Man
- Mega Man 7 -
Freeze Man • Junk Man • Cloud Man • Slash Man • Shade Man • Turbo Man
- Dr. Wily -
| Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Crash Bomber • Atomic Fire • Leaf Shield|
Magnet Missile • Gemini Laser • Dust Crusher • Gyro Attack • Napalm Bomb • Plant Barrier
Freeze Cracker • Junk Shield • Thunder Strike • Slash Claw • Noise Crush • Scorch Wheel
|Damage Data Chart • Script|
|Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters|
|List of Playable Characters|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass • Duo|
|List of Bosses|
| - Search for Wily! -|
Shadow Man • Plant Man • Gyro Man • Centaur Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man
- Rescue Roll! -
Cut Man • Stone Man • Shade Man • Elec Man • Dive Man • Slash Man
- Recover the new parts! -
Guts Man • Pharaoh Man • Air Man • Quick Man • Gemini Man • Napalm Man
- Dr. Wily -
|List of Special Weapons|
| Shadow Blade • Plant Barrier • Gyro Attack • Centaur Arrow • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire|
Rolling Cutter • Power Stone • Noise Crush • Thunder Beam • Dive Missile • Slash Claw
Super Arm • Pharaoh Wave • Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Gemini Laser • Napalm Bomb
|Rush • Beat • Treble|