|This page is about the original Shade Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see ShadeMan.EXE.|
Shade Man (シェードマン Shēdoman) is a Robot Master built to look like a vampire. He originally was an attraction robot from the haunted house of an amusement park, but was stolen and modified for combat by Dr. Wily. Wily installed sound wave equipment intended to control human minds, but due to a wiring error, it instead generated powerful destructive sound waves that are used as a weapon called Noise Crush.
Shade Man likes dark places and to hang on ceilings, and although he's based on a vampire, he fears ghosts and spiders. He wants to be a singer and practices hard to improve his poor singing voice, to the point that he's always with a microphone. Like how a vampire drinks the blood out of his human victims, he drinks oil out of robots, which heals him.
Mega Man 7
Shade Man flies across the top of his room from side to side, and may dive at Mega Man to drain his oil, recovering one energy unit for each two units Mega Man loses. This can be avoided by standing under him and sliding to the side Mega Man has more space when he dives down. After landing, he attacks with two petrifying stare beam and then attacks with Noise Crush twice, one up and one down. When the Noise Crush hits a wall, it will return to him and charge his next sound wave attack. The petrifying beams are avoided by jumping, the first sound wave is avoided by jumping over it, and the second sound wave by sliding under it. He'll then fly upwards and repeat his attack sequence.
His weakness is the Wild Coil, and an uncharged Wild Coil will make Shade Man fall to the ground if he's flying (but not diving) and make him go directly to the phase of flying across the room's top. It defeats him in ten uncharged hits and five charged ones. The Super Adaptor is also an incredibly great option, as it will make easier to dodge his attacks and keep up with him while flying. The Super Adaptor's fist attack cannot make Shade Man flinch like the Wild Coil, but it defeats him in seven hits.
If the player uses Noise Crush against him in Wily's Castle, he'll just absorb it and send stronger waves back, then fly upwards and then across the top of the room. Unfortunately, the player can't do the same with their waves when equipped with his weapon.
His behavior is the same as in Mega Man 7, but this time his weakness is the Slash Claw.
Stage description: Mystery! The Horror
Mega Man & Bass CD data
Dr. Light: His "supersonic waves" reflect on the wall. Aim at his wings! Cut them to pieces!
- Power Battle: ゆうえんちのおばけやしきようにつくられたものをかいぞうしたロボットで、はかいおんぱをはんしゃしてこうげきするのがとくい。くらいばしょがすきだが、じつはおばけとクモがにがてだったりする。とくしゅぶきはクラッシュノイズじゃ。
- Power Fighters: ＰＢにもとうじょうしたシェードマンはロックマン７にとうじょう。そらをじゆうにいどうでききゅうこうかしながらこうげきしてくる。とくにとくしゅぶきのクラッシュノイズにはじゅうぶんきをつけるのじゃ
- Power Battle: The remodeling of a robot created for an amusement park's haunted house, he is good at reflecting destructive sound waves to attack. He likes dark places, but ironically is scared of ghosts and spiders. His Special Weapon is Crash Noise.
- Power Fighters: Also appeared in PB, Shade Man appeared in Rockman 7. Can move freely in sky and while attacking with dives. His Special Weapon Crash Noise will particularly require great caution.
- Sub Boss: VAN Pookin
- Sub Boss (secret): Proto Man
- Astro Zombieg
- Batton M48
- Gilliam Knight
- Sniper Joe 01
- True Shield Attacker
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Shade Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 7.
|Mega Man 7|
|Mega Buster||Freeze Cracker||Junk Shield||Danger Wrap||Thunder Bolt||Wild Coil||Slash Claw||Noise Crush||Scorch Wheel||Super Adapter|
- *For Mega Buster, Wild Coil and Noise Crush, the first number is the damage done when the weapon is fired normally; the second number is damage done when the weapon is charged up.
- *For Freeze Cracker, the first number is when the shot is whole; the second number is after it splits.
Shade Man appeared as part of the Robot Master army "time-cloned" by Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman in the Worlds Collide crossover arc. During the battle between the Robot Masters and the heroes working with Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog, Shade Man notably attacks and mocks Shadow the Hedgehog about him and Rouge Woman.
|This section requires expansion.|
|This section requires expansion.|
Shade Man appeared in the manga.
- A special Easter Egg occurs when the player holds down the "B" button while selecting his stage and continues to hold it until the stage begins. The music of the stage selected screen and the stage changes to the main theme from the Ghosts 'n Goblins game series. However, this only works before Shade Man is defeated.
- Shade Man's stage is an homage to the game Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the SNES, resembling the first stage.
- Shade Man has a cameo appearance in the opening scene of Mega Man 8.
- There is a portrait of Wily wearing traditional vampire clothes in Shade Man's stage. If the Rush Search is used underneath it, the Energy Equalizer can be found.
- His likes and dislikes are references to vampires. Tomato juice is sometimes mistaken for blood, and garlic is one of the vampire's weaknesses.