Saturn (サターン Satān?) is one of the second four Stardroids Mega Man must fight in Mega Man V for the Game Boy. Saturn has the ability to control time and space to stop time and create black holes, and like his namesake planet, he has a large ring that he uses to attack. Saturn is somewhat lazy and uses his ability to transport others to him with a black hole instead of going to their location, which gives him a bad reputation. According to his CD data, he enjoys hula hoops, but has a dislike of video games, presumably down to either linking with his weakness, or a lack of skill at playing them.
Saturn attacks with his Black Hole to send out a deluge of attacks and to suck Mega Man to it to attack him. It can be avoided just by sliding repeatedly to the opposite side. He also jumps and in half-screen, while in mid-air, stops time and shoots small bullets, then finishing the jump by landing to the other side. To avoid the shots, the player has to quickly run to the center of the screen and stay there so when he stops time, every shot misses Mega Man. He also attacks by throwing his ring and sliding, which is avoided by running towards him and jumping when he slides to avoid his kick. He is vulnerable when he is not attacking. Electric Shock is his weakness, and it can cancel his Black Hole attack, but the player should be careful when trying to attack him with it as it is a close-range weapon. Electric Shock can defeats him in minimum three shots if the player is lucky enough, as the Electric Shock can hit him twice for four units of damage each, but if it does not, he will take more shots, up to a max of five.
Enemies in Saturn's stage:
Damage Data Chart
Amount of damage in units that Saturn will receive from each Special Weapon from Mega Man V.
|Mega Buster/Arm||Grab Buster||Bubble Bomb||Photon Missile||Electric Shock||Black Hole||Deep Digger||Break Dash||Salt Water||Spark Chaser||Tango|
In the manga Rockman Gigamix, the Stardroids are powerful space robots that are attacking Earth, destroying several robots in the process, Saturn defeating Centaur Man and Charge Man. Saturn, Mercury and Uranus fight against Mega Man, Cut Man and Elec Man. After having his eye torn out by Terra for his failure to destroy Mega Man, Saturn is later destroyed by Bass.
Saturn also appeared in a robot museum in the manga Rockman & Forte.
- Saturn is named after the planet Saturn, which has rings of cosmic dust around it and is named after the Roman god of agriculture. The name of the god's Greek equivalent, Cronus, is sometimes mistaken for Chronos, the personification of time. Also, his weakness to Jupiter's weapon may be a reference to the fact that the god Saturn/Cronus was overthrown by his son, Jupiter/Zeus, though this does not continue back to Saturn/Cronus overthrowing Uranus/Cealus.
- Saturn's like for the hula hoop is an obvious inside joke about his rings.
- Strangely, Saturn's rest position (the one he initially enters the fight in) appears to be on all fours despite the fact he is not an animal-based Stardroid. He also rarely stands during the fight, usually sliding, in the air, or in his rest position with the Black Hole deployed.
- Saturn is one of four robot masters in the Classic Series, along with Mega Man, Proto Man and Shadow Man, with the ability to slide.
- Saturn dislikes video games because they are electronic, and so they remind him of his weakness to Electric Shock. It may also have something to do with a potential lack of skill in playing them.
|Mega Man V|
|List of Stardroids|
|Mercury • Venus • Mars • Jupiter • Saturn • Uranus • Pluto • Neptune|
|Dark Moon • Terra • Skull Blazer • Enker • Quint • Punk • Ballade • L. Knuckle and R. Knuckle • Brain Crusher • Sunstar|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
|Grab Buster • Bubble Bomb • Photon Missile • Electric Shock • Black Hole • Deep Digger • Break Dash • Salt Water • Spark Chaser|
|Mega Man's Support Items|
| Rush Coil • Rush Jet|
|List of Enemies|
| Alabell • Armaroid • Baby Flies • Birdy • Bikky Bomb • Biree Spark • Biribaree • Boostun • Byouz • Cannon Roader|
Chainsoar • Chunco • Doncatch • Elecit • Fankurow • Feeber • Fooley • Fukuhorn • G.S.Q • Handoo • Hell Metall DX
Kamapot • La Jaba • Malmet • Metall Sniper • Monkikki • Nibul • Ou-Ou • Palm Hopper • Parocket • Pikashu
Piriparee • Shaboan • Shuhorn • Sibul • Soshi Breaker • Swim Ball • Tamp • Wandering Head
|- Sub-bosses -|
|Gundrill • Hyoey • T. Khamen • Tyhorn|
|Damage Data Chart • Game Script|