|Ryu, as he appears in the Street Fighter IV series.|
|This article is about the Street Fighter character. See Breath of Fire for its protagonist named Ryu. See Rescuable Reploids for the Mega Man X6 character.|
- "If you give up now, then you're finished. Could you be satisfied with yourself then?"
- —Victory quote from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Ryu is one of the eight bosses. His level style is that of an old Japanese castle. While fighting Ryu, the background is reminiscent of that of Ryu's original arena in Street Fighter II.
- Hadouken (a blue projectile)
- Shakunetsu Hadouken (Fast)
- Shoryuken (Dragon Punch)
- Tatsumaki (Spin Kick)
- Super Combo: Metsu Hadouken (Extra Large)
He is very quick and moves left and right constantly. Charge up the Mega Buster and hit him whenever he stops moving. Usually when he stops he will shoot some Hadoukens, usually three of them. Ryu's Hadouken come in two main varieties: He will shoot a normal Hadouken that goes slow or fast and a yellow Hadouken, called Shakunetsu Hadouken. Ryu has no pattern for attack, so Mega Man must be ready to jump over his Hadoukens. When his volley of Hadoukens is over, he may use the Tatsumaki spin kick across the room, and Mega Man can jump over him or slide under him without taking damage. He will rarely use a Shoryuken. They are easy to dodge as they go up fairly high. This also gives Mega Man an opportunity to get 1 or 2 hits on him. When his Super Combo Gauge is charged, he will shoot a giant purple Hadouken, called the Metsu Hadouken which travels slowly, is harder to break, and more difficult to jump over.
With the Aegis Reflector, stay close to Ryu. Every time he stops, Mega Man should place an Aegis Reflector or two. If he uses Hadouken, they will reflect back at himself. He can also run into an Aegis Reflector and take damage. However, while he is spin kicking, he will pass through unharmed. When he uses the Metsu Hadouken, be sure to reflect it back his way for a little extra damage.
Note that none of the names are official.
Ryu also appears alongside Mega Man characters in several crossovers, such as Marvel vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Namco × Capcom, Project X Zone, and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (as a DLC character).
- Ryu was planned to be a playable character in Mega Man Universe.
- According to an interview with Seo Zong Hui, Ryu was always planned to be within Street Fighter X Mega Man.
- In a portion of his stage there is Japanese characters on the wall reading 1987; which is to commemorate the Japanese arcade release of Street Fighter.
- The Robot Master Hadou Man, from the Secret File parody booklet series of Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes, is based on Ryu.
- Ryu in the Street Fighter Wiki.
- Ryu in the Capcom Database wiki.
- Ryu in the Marvel vs. Capcom Wiki.
- Ryu in the Smashpedia wiki.
- Ryu in the Project ✕ Zone Wiki.
|Street Fighter X Mega Man|
|List of Bosses|
|Rolento • Dhalsim • Urien • Ryu • Blanka • Rose • Crimson Viper • Chun-Li|
|Balrog • Vega • M. Bison|
|- Secret Bosses -|
|Sagat • Akuma|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
|Mine Sweeper • Yoga Inferno • Aegis Reflector • Hadoken • Tropical Hazzard • Soul Satellite • Optic Laser • Lightning Kick • Seiei Enbu|
|Game Script • List of Enemies • Damage Data Chart • Miscellaneous Data|
|Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U|
|Mega Man's Weapons and Moves|
|Mega Buster • Sliding • Mega Upper • Charge Shot • Super Arm • Metal Blade • Leaf Shield • Air Shooter • Crash Bomb|
Hard Knuckle • Top Spin • Spark Shot • Flame Blast • Slash Claw • Flame Sword
|Hyper Bomb • Ice Slasher • Shadow Blade • Skull Barrier • Plant Barrier • Danger Wrap • Tornado Hold|
|Other properties included in Super Smash Bros Nintendo 3DS / Wii U|
|- Sonic the Hedgehog -|
|Sonic the Hedgehog • Tails • Knuckles the Echidna • Shadow the Hedgehog • Green Hill Zone • Chaos Emeralds • Super transformation|
|- Street Fighter -|
|Ryu • Hadoken • Shoryuken|
| Super Mario • Donkey Kong • The Legend of Zelda • Kid Icarus • Metroid • Pokémon (also owned by Game Freak and Creature Inc.)|