Rockman ×over (ロックマン クロスオーバー Rokkuman Kurosuōbā?, "Rockman Crossover") is a game announced at Gamescon for the iOS phone platform. It was released on November 29, 2012. The game contains characters from the entire Mega Man franchise.
Dr. Wily, Sigma and other villains from the series have come together to wreak havoc, creating chaos in their wake. To counter this, the brilliant legendary minds of Dr. Light and Dr. Cossack have come together to create a new kind of Mega Man that would be able to combat this dark alliance.
Deviating from the traditional Mega Man formula, Rockman ×over is a social RPG. The player character is a new highly customizable Mega Man: OVER-1, who can gain strength through Battle Memory scattered across the world. The social part of the game will allow players to team up in order to fight against enemy robots. The stages are "on-rail", OVER-1 walking forward while the player makes him shoot and jump to defeat enemies, and the gameplay changes to a turn-based RPG battle at bosses.
|Secret boss: Vile|
|Secret boss: Sigma|
|Secret boss: Dr. Wily (inside Wily Machine 1)|
|Secret boss: Dream Virus|
|Secret boss: Andromeda|
|Secret boss: Fairy Leviathan|
|Secret boss: Sigma|
25th Anniversary Special WorldEdit
|Secret boss: Dr. Wily (inside Wily Capsule)|
Team Battle BossesEdit
|Rockman ×over TGS Trailer|
|Rockman ×over Preview Gameplay @ TGS|
- This is the first crossover ever to include characters from the Mega Man ZX series, as all other series had playable representatives in other crossovers:
- Mega Man appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
- X appearing in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as a swap for Zero and as a playable character in Project × Zone.
- The Mega Man Zero series version of Zero appearing in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos and Onimusha Blade Warriors.
- MegaMan.EXE appearing in Onimusha Blade Warriors.
- Mega Man Star Force's Mega Man appearing in a self-contained crossover with MegaMan.EXE in Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star.
- Mega Man Volnutt being a playable character in Namco × Capcom and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
- When the game was first released, there was no references to the Mega Man Zero series until an update in January.