Rockman.EXE 4.5 Real Operation (ロックマンエグゼ4.5 リアルオペレーション?) is a spin-off game from the Mega Man Battle Network series that was released only in Japan for the Game Boy Advance. Players can control one of the many different NetNavis from previous Mega Man Battle Network games to compete in NetBattle tournaments. Characters include Rockman (MegaMan) himself and all of the other "Soul Unison" Navis from the fourth game of the series. A new Navi not included in the fourth game, Starman, is also available.
In Real Operation, the Game Boy Advance itself, in a sense, acts as a PET, allowing the player to control various NetNavis from previous games in the series. Players will engage in various tournaments, with a large variety of chips at their disposal that cause different effects on the enemy and battlefield. During tournaments, players can use Souls to assist them in battle.
Real Operation could also be used with the Battle Chip Gate, a Game Boy Advance accessory that allowed players to slot in real-life toy Battle Chips for use in the game, a feature that would be carried over to later games in the series. Users of Real Operation can also play multiplayer games against Mega Man Battle Network 4 users and other Real Operation users.
These NetNavis are available at the start of the game:
After completing the Shademan mission, go to the NetNavi who unlocked the door on a weekday. Talking to him will allow entrance into the official tournament which is one of two ways to obtain the following NetNavis. The other way is to insert the appropriate Navi Data Battle Chip into the Battle Chip Gate:
Unlockable only with the BCG
The following Navis are only available by inserting the appropriate Navi Data Battle Chip into the Battle Chip Gate(or by defeating Bass).
Battle Chip Gate Pack
Rockman.EXE 4.5 Real Operation was also released in a pack containing a Battle Chip Gate (Blues Version) and five Battle Chips: Starman (Navi Data), Marking, Roll Arrow 1, Guts Punch 1, and Z-Saber.
|Rockman EXE 4.5 Real Operation commercial||Rockman EXE 4.5 gameplay|
- Despite being labeled as 4.5, this game is not canon to the main Mega Man Battle Network games, and is actually a game to test other playable Navis for Mega Man Battle Network 5 and 6.
- The Navis that made it into Mega Man Battle Network 5 were SearchMan, NumberMan, ProtoMan, NapalmMan, KnightMan, and ShadowMan.
- The Navis that made it into Mega Man Battle Network 6 were ElecMan and AquaMan, both of which made appearances in earlier Mega Man Battle Network games.
- This game has the largest number of playable characters in the Mega Man franchise, with 21 in total.
- Rockman.EXE official site (Japanese)