|This article is about the original Plant Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see PlantMan.EXE.|
Plant Man (プラントマン Purantoman?) is Robot Master from Mega Man 6 designed as a flower, which can be used as camouflage. He was originally created as a keeper of a botanical garden, and is said to be able to communicate with plants. Because of his popularity, he became the mascot of the garden. He's very sensitive and can get depressed easily.
After hearing of the First Annual Robot Tournament, he was modified for combat and equipped with the Plant Barrier, a Special Weapon that creates a barrier of energy that takes on the appearance of spotted flower petals. In the tournament, he was reprogrammed by Mr. X to help him in his plan to conquer the world.
In the fighting games Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Plant Man can also shoot from his arm cannon and create small robot plants to help him. His weaknesses are the Blizzard Attack in Mega Man 6 (he's also semi-weak to the Flame Blast), Gyro Attack in Mega Man: The Power Battle and Atomic Fire in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.
Mega Man 6Edit
Plant Man's pattern is: activating a Plant Barrier, jumping, throwing it at Mega Man and running at him. Plant Man will then repeat the pattern over and over. The player has to jump over the Plant Barrier and shoot at Plant Man while still having time, then jumping to avoid contact damage when he runs at Mega Man. His weakness is Blizzard Attack, but it cannot hit him when Plant Man uses his Plant Barrier. It defeats him in seven hits. Also, Flame Blast is his semi-weakness, but just as Blizzard Attack, it cannot hit him when he uses his Plant Barrier. It defeats him in fourteen hits.
Mega Man: The Power BattleEdit
In Wily Land, Plant Man will create flowers based on him trying to stop Mega Man. His weakness is Gyro Attack.
Mega Man 2: The Power FightersEdit
In the desert, Plant Man will behave like the one in the first Power Battle, except, he'll create a Plant Barrier by saying "Plant Barrier" and throw it. Later, the enemy flowers based on him will fly to make it difficult to battle. His weakness is Atomic Fire.
Mega Man 6 statsEdit
Energy: Solar Energy
Height: 143 cm (4.7 feet)
Weight: 111 kg (245 lbs.)
Power Battle: もともとはしょくぶつえんのマスコットてきそんざいであったが、せんとうようにめいさいとそうされ、せかいせんしゅけんにしゅつじょうしている。しょくぶつをかんりするために、せいさくされたせいかしぜんかんきょうのへんかにはとてもよわい。とくしゅぶきはプラントバリアじゃ。
Power Fighters: ＰＢにもとうじょうしたプラントマンは、ロックマン６でとうじょう。しょくぶつといしをかわすことができるロボットであるじめんにたねをまきミサイルをはきだすはなをさかせるとくしゅなこうげきをしかけてくる。とくしゅぶきは、プラントバリアじゃ。
Damage Data ChartEdit
Displays the amount of damage in units that Plant Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 6.
|Mega Man 6|
|Mega Buster||Blizzard Attack||Centaur Flash||Flame Blast||Knight Crush||Plant Barrier||Silver Tomahawk||Wind Storm||Yamato Spear||Rush Power Adapter||Beat|
Plant Man appears in the story "The Strongest Enemy to Date" in the manga, where he is a robot from South America that entered in the first World Robot Championship.
- Although Plant Man has an arm cannon, he does not use it in Mega Man 6. However, his data file in Mega Man Megamix says that his arm cannon is his Plant Barrier discharger, suggesting that it was meant to fire off the weapon. This is further supported by the fact that, in MM6, Plant Man will raise his arm cannon as he fires off the Plant Barrier.
- Plant Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man 7, in the background of the Robot Museum. His holding tank is directly behind Heat Man's. There seems to be another Plant Man near the beginning as well, but it is not known if it is a knockoff or a glitch by Capcom.
- In Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Plant Man's music is a remix of Crash Man's music.
- Interestingly enough Plant Man is weak to Gyro Attack in Mega Man: The Power Battle but in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters Gyro Man is weak to Plant Barrier (Plant Man's weakness having been switched to Atomic Fire), so both bosses switch weaknesses between games.
- Plant Man's official artwork shows him with vines, but none are seen on his MM6 sprite. This could be because of restrictions by the capabilities of the NES, and he appeared with them in Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.
|Mega Man: The Power Battle|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass|
| - Mega Man 1~2 -|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Crash Man • Heat Man • Wood Man
- Mega Man 3~6 -
Magnet Man • Gemini Man • Dust Man • Gyro Man • Napalm Man • Plant Man
- Mega Man 7 -
Freeze Man • Junk Man • Cloud Man • Slash Man • Shade Man • Turbo Man
- Dr. Wily -
| Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Crash Bomber • Atomic Fire • Leaf Shield|
Magnet Missile • Gemini Laser • Dust Crusher • Gyro Attack • Napalm Bomb • Plant Barrier
Freeze Cracker • Junk Shield • Thunder Strike • Slash Claw • Noise Crush • Scorch Wheel
|Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters|
|List of Playable Characters|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass • Duo|
|List of Bosses|
| - Search for Wily! -|
Shadow Man • Plant Man • Gyro Man • Centaur Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man
- Rescue Roll! -
Cut Man • Stone Man • Shade Man • Elec Man • Dive Man • Slash Man
- Recover the new parts! -
Guts Man • Pharaoh Man • Air Man • Quick Man • Gemini Man • Napalm Man
- Dr. Wily -
|List of Special Weapons|
| Shadow Blade • Plant Barrier • Gyro Attack • Centaur Arrow • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire|
Rolling Cutter • Power Stone • Noise Crush • Thunder Beam • Dive Missile • Slash Claw
Super Arm • Pharaoh Wave • Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Gemini Laser • Napalm Bomb
|Rush • Beat • Treble|