Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the original Plant Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see PlantMan.EXE.|
Plant Man (プラントマン Purantoman?) is a Robot Master from Mega Man 6 designed as a flower, which can be used as camouflage. He was originally created as a keeper of a botanical garden, and is said to be able to communicate with plants. Because of his popularity, he became the mascot of the garden. He's very sensitive and can get depressed easily.
After hearing of the First Annual Robot Tournament, he was modified for combat and equipped with the Plant Barrier, a Special Weapon that creates a barrier of energy that takes on the appearance of spotted flower petals. In the tournament, he was reprogrammed by Mr. X to help him in his plan to conquer the world.
In the fighting games Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Plant Man can also shoot from his arm cannon and create small robot plants to help him. His weaknesses are the Blizzard Attack in Mega Man 6 (he's also semi-weak to the Flame Blast), Gyro Attack in Mega Man: The Power Battle and Atomic Fire in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.
Video game appearances
Mega Man 6
Plant Man is one of the eight bosses. His pattern consists of activating a Plant Barrier, jumping, throwing it at Mega Man while standing in place, and running at him when the Plant Barrier leaves the screen, then repeating the pattern again from start. The player has to stay in the side of the room where there is more space for Mega Man, then jump over the Plant Barrier and shoot at Plant Man while still having time, and finally jumping to avoid contact damage when he runs at Mega Man.
His weakness is Blizzard Attack, but it cannot hit him when Plant Man uses his Plant Barrier. It defeats him in seven hits. Also, Flame Blast is his semi-weakness, but just as Blizzard Attack, it cannot hit him when he uses his Plant Barrier. It defeats him in fourteen hits.
If the Power Adaptor is used fully charged against him after throwing his Plant Barrier, it will cause him to jump again, without a barrier, and he will resume his pattern of attack. Interestingly enough, when he lands, the barrier firing sound will play again.
Plant Man is one of the six bosses from the "Mega Man 3~6" course, being fought in the Wily Land. Besides using Plant Barrier like Mega Man 6, Plant Man can shot with his buster, drop four petals while jumping, and release blue seeds that bloom into small flower enemies in his likeness that can interfere with the fight by getting him in Plant Man's place and firing projectiles from the mouth. His weakness is Gyro Attack.
- "The Plant Barrier is powerful. The opponent's attacks will be useless. Burn him with the "flame" weapon."
- —Dr. Light
Plant Man is one of the six bosses from the "Search for Wily!" course. He behaves similar to the previous game, but with improved attacks. His weakness is Atomic Fire.
Plant Man's pattern depends of the order the bosses are fought. Regardless of the order, Plant Man will primarily focus on using buster attacks and sowing the small plant enemies. The plants can't turn, firing only on the direction they are facing.
If Plant Man is the first boss, he can either fire one bullet straight ahead or quickly fire in five directions. After losing half of his health he will fire two bullets instead of one. His small plants fire the same amount of projectiles as his straight shot.
If Plant Man is the last of the six bosses, he will fire three bullets straight ahead instead of one. As his small plants have the same fire rate, they become faster and more dangerous.
If Plant Man isn't one of the first bosses fought, after losing half of his health he will start using Plant Barrier. Instead of a set pattern, his timing and jumping vary before launching Plant Barrier. He can also launch Plant Barrier in the player's direction while jumping. Also, his straight shot will have four bullets instead of three, and the plant enemies he creates will change. Instead of dropping the seeds on the ground, they are released on the air, creating flying plant enemies that "bounce" around and drop petals.
- Plant Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man 7, in the background of the Robot Museum. There are two Plant Mans in the background, his holding tank being near the beginning of the room and directly behind Heat Man's. The reason there are two Plant Mans is due to the background repeating, also containing two Flame Mans, but with only one visible to the player.
- Plant Man appears in the Mega Man & Bass database.
Mega Man 6 stats
Energy: Solar Energy
Height: 143 cm (4.7 feet)
Weight: 111 kg (245 lbs.)
Mega Man Legacy Collection text: Once a mascot for a botanical garden. He doesn't have many ways of attacking, so he should be easy to beat.
Power Battle: もともとはしょくぶつえんのマスコットてきそんざいであったが、せんとうようにめいさいとそうされ、せかいせんしゅけんにしゅつじょうしている。しょくぶつをかんりするために、せいさくされたせいかしぜんかんきょうのへんかにはとてもよわい。とくしゅぶきはプラントバリアじゃ。
Power Fighters: ＰＢにもとうじょうしたプラントマンは、ロックマン６でとうじょう。しょくぶつといしをかわすことができるロボットであるじめんにたねをまきミサイルをはきだすはなをさかせるとくしゅなこうげきをしかけてくる。とくしゅぶきは、プラントバリアじゃ。
- Power Battle: Although he originally was the mascot of a botanical garden, to battle he got a camouflage paint and competed in the world championship. He is very vulnerable to environmental changes, probably due to him being created to manage plants. Special weapon is Plant Barrier.
- Power Fighters: Also appeared in PB, Plant Man appeared in Rockman 6. A robot able to fend off by making plants. His gimmick is sowing missile seeds to the ground that bloom into special flowers that attack by spitting. Special weapon is Plant Barrier.
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Plant Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 6.
|Mega Man 6|
|Mega Buster||Blizzard Attack||Centaur Flash||Flame Blast||Knight Crush||Plant Barrier||Silver Tomahawk||Wind Storm||Yamato Spear||Rush Power Adapter||Beat|
Plant Man appears in the story "The Strongest Enemy to Date" in the manga, where he is a robot from South America that entered in the first World Robot Championship.
Prior to Plant Man's debut appearance in the Mega Man Archie Comics storyline proper, he did appear in the crossover arc Worlds Collide, specifically in Sonic the Hedgehog #250 briefly, where he was elbowed in the face by Sonic. He eventually had his first true appearance in the series in Issue 28 of the series proper, being the fourth Robot Master to have a true early appearance before their respective story arc (the first was Pharaoh Man, second was Concrete Man, and third was Splash Woman), where he was one of the robots affected by Ra Moon's EMP wave. The same issue also revealed that Pedro Astil was his creator, though Dr. Light apparently helped with his design. In Issue 29, because of Plant Man's design being partially organic, he barely survived the EM wave and was instrumental in reactivating Mega Man and the other Light Robots. In issue 31, his serial number (at least prior to the events of Mega Man 6) is revealed to be DAN-001 (presumably meaning "Doctor Astil Number-001").
He later accompanied Mega Man, alongside Astil, Drs. Light and Cossack, Pharaoh Man, Roll and Rush, to the Lanfront Ruins to investigate the truth behind the blackout, as well as whether Wily was truly one of Ra Moon's victims or the instigator. Their findings seemed to verify Wily's story, and Dr. Astil came to a degree of closure over his previous experiences in the ruins.
- Although Plant Man has an arm cannon, he does not use it in Mega Man 6. However, his data file in Mega Man Megamix says that his arm cannon is his Plant Barrier discharger, suggesting that it was meant to fire off the weapon. This is further supported by the fact that, in Mega Man 6, Plant Man will raise his arm cannon as he fires off the Plant Barrier and the petals of the Plant Barrier emerge from his arm cannon in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.
- In Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Plant Man's music is a remix of Crash Man's music.
- Interestingly enough Plant Man is weak to Gyro Attack in Mega Man: The Power Battle but in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters Gyro Man is weak to Plant Barrier (Plant Man's weakness having been switched to Atomic Fire), so both bosses switch weaknesses between games.
- Plant Man's official artwork shows him with vines, but none are seen on his original sprite; this is likely due to the restrictions of the NES's capabilities. He did appear with them in Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, however, due to both games being developed on more powerful systems.
- Plant Man is believed to represent Brazil and the Amazon rainforest.
- Plant Man's design was thought to be based on the Rafflesia flower, despite the fact the flower grows in South Asia.
- Plant Man, or the Archie Comics depiction of the character, technically shares his Robot Master production number with Prometheus.
- Plant Man's original sprite from Mega Man 6 is interesting in the sense that it breaks the 3 color limitation that sprites usually have, instead having 5 different colors (green, purple, pink, yellow, and the usual skin color) along with black and white.
|Mega Man: The Power Battle|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass|
| - Mega Man 1~2 -|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Crash Man • Heat Man • Wood Man
- Mega Man 3~6 -
Magnet Man • Gemini Man • Dust Man • Gyro Man • Napalm Man • Plant Man
- Mega Man 7 -
Freeze Man • Junk Man • Cloud Man • Slash Man • Shade Man • Turbo Man
- Dr. Wily -
| Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Crash Bomber • Atomic Fire • Leaf Shield|
Magnet Missile • Gemini Laser • Dust Crusher • Gyro Attack • Napalm Bomb • Plant Barrier
Freeze Cracker • Junk Shield • Thunder Strike • Slash Claw • Noise Crush • Scorch Wheel
|Damage Data Chart • Script|
|Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters|
|List of Playable Characters|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass • Duo|
|List of Bosses|
| - Search for Wily! -|
Shadow Man • Plant Man • Gyro Man • Centaur Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man
- Rescue Roll! -
Cut Man • Stone Man • Shade Man • Elec Man • Dive Man • Slash Man
- Recover the new parts! -
Guts Man • Pharaoh Man • Air Man • Quick Man • Gemini Man • Napalm Man
- Dr. Wily -
|List of Special Weapons|
| Shadow Blade • Plant Barrier • Gyro Attack • Centaur Arrow • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire|
Rolling Cutter • Power Stone • Noise Crush • Thunder Beam • Dive Missile • Slash Claw
Super Arm • Pharaoh Wave • Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Gemini Laser • Napalm Bomb
|Rush • Beat • Treble|