|Illustration by Hideki Ishikawa.|
Pirate Man (パイレーツマン Pairētsuman?) is a Robot Master from King's army with the appearance of a pirate captain. He was created to attack cargo vessels at sea. He is fearless and ruthless and will do whatever it takes to reach his goal. He loves making profit and despises doing anything fairly. It's believed he was the one responsible for many attacks to ships that occurred during King's rebellion. Pirate Man and Dive Man don't get along, as they have opposite principles regarding the sea.
Pirate Man's stage is one of the two stages unlocked by defeating Cold Man. His stage is located at the bottom of the ocean and he battles underwater in the room containing his treasure hoard. Pirate Man's main weapon is Remote Mine, a remote controlled bomb that he usually fires three times in a row. He can also attack by rolling inside of a giant bubble while underwater and bounce around the room, using his arm to fill the room with water when the water level is too low to use his bubble attack. If he's hit by Wave Burner while using his bubble attack, the bubble will burst and Pirate Man will hit his head on the floor.
In the Rockman & Forte manga, Pirate Man, Dynamo Man and Magic Man fight against Bass in King's fortress. After Bass easily defeats Dynamo Man and Magic Man, Pirate Man surrounds Bass with Remote Mines, but Bass manages to avoid Pirate Man's attack and destroys him.
Pirate Man appeared as a character in Sonic the Hedgehog #250 alongside an army of other Robot Masters. Due to the effects of the Genesis Wave launched by Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman, he appeared in the Skull Egg Zone after previously battling Mega Man and being time-cloned by the two doctors. During the battle, he is known to have engaged Blaze the Cat (undoubtedly a nod to the antagonism between Blaze and a group of robotic pirates in the Sonic games, as well as his own weakness to a fire based weapon). As a result of this, he debuts quite some time before any adaptation of Mega Man & Bass.
Pirate Man also cameoed in the Archie Comics Mega Man series in one of the "Short Circuits" mini-segments during the Worlds Collide crossover with Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog. In the short, he takes part in "the obligatory pirates vs ninjas" battle paired with Captain Whisker from the game Sonic Rush Adventure against Shadow Man and Espio the Chameleon.
- Pirate Man is the only water-themed Robot Master who is weak to a fire weapon. This may be because he is explosive-themed as well, or because the weapon functions differently underwater (creating a whirlpool rather than a stream of fire).
- Pirate Man is the only Robot Master from the KGN series who didn't have his name changed from his early design sketches featured in R20 Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works book.
- In his official art and CD art, Pirate Man has his eye patch on his right eye, but in his mugshot, it's on his left.
- Pirate Man, Dynamo Man and Astro Man are the three Robot Masters from Mega Man & Bass who do not have NetNavi counterparts.
- A sketch resembling Pirate Man appears during the closing credits of Mega Man 8.