Panter Flauclaws (パンター・フラクロス Pantā Furakurosu) is a boss from Mega Man Zero 2 and a member of Sage Harpuia's Strong Air Battalion. He is a Mutos Reploid whose name and appearance are apparently based on a panther and the demon leopard Flauros (フラウロス Furaurosu).
Zero was sent by Elpizo to rob the goods from a Neo Arcadia train, and encounters Panter when he reaches the end and another train catches up. He mainly uses electrical attacks and is extremely versatile. Many of his attacks can be dodged by wall sliding down the middle of the two trains. After his defeat, Zero receives the Thunder Chip, and if the player has rank A or S, the EX Skill Spark Shot.
Nickname: 雷霆の黒豹 (Raitei no Kokuhyou, Black Leopard of Thunder)
EX skill: Tail Spark (テイルスパーク)
Panter Flauclaws sends an electric current through the train (platform in rematch) he's standing on.
Mission: Rob Goods
Zero's EX skill: Spark Shot
- He throws two blasts of electricity toward you. Simply dash over them.
- He jumps into the sky and does a diagonal kick at you. Dash forward to dodge.
- He stands still and throws two pink boomerangs at you. To dodge, stay a far distance away, as they're short ranged. If he's too close, dash over him.
- He jumps into the air and sends three pink, short ranged boomerangs that stay in front of him for a while.
- He jumps over to another train and throws three green boomerangs. Usually, standing still will allow you to avoid harm.
- EX Skill-He crouches and floods the train he's standing on with electricity. To dodge, jump on the next train.
- Panter Flauclaws appeared in the Japanese commercial for Mega Man Zero 2, where he pins Zero against a wall and prepares to destroy the Resistance members, but Zero knocks him away with his transformation into the Energy form. Curiously, Panter Flauclaws was much larger here than he is in the game. Panter is normally about a head taller than Zero, but in this commercial he was giant enough to hold Zero's entire body in just one claw. The commercial version of Panter Flauclaws also possessed an energy cannon in its mouth, something it does not have in-game.
- Panter Flauclaws' appearance has a resemblance to MegaMan.EXE's Gregar Beast Out.
- Panter Flauclaws bears a resemblance to Slash Beast, as both are based on felines (the latter being a lion) and are fought in moving trains. They also share their speed and slashing capabilities.
- Panter Flauclaws's boss battle is similar to that of Buckfire's battle in ZX Advent. They are both fought on trains, and they both have diagonal kick attacks and boomerangs in their arms.
- His weapon, the Thunder Shot, acts similarly to the Thunder Strike from Mega Man 7.
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth