|This page is about the original Napalm Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see NapalmMan.EXE.|
Napalm Man (ナパームマン Napāmuman?) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Wily to protect his secret weapons factory, where he would spend his spare time collecting and searching for weapons as strong or stronger than his own.
Napalm Man is a weapons enthusiast equipped with an array of explosive weapons all over his body - he is equipped with Napalm Bomb launchers in his arms, a large missile launcher in his head, and also launch six smaller homing missiles from silos concealed in his shoulders. He has treads on his feet and can increase his speed with a rocket booster on his back.
Because he is generally considered to be a walking weapon, even his allies feel uncomfortable near him, so he doesn't have many friends. He is however very loyal, and more intelligent and diplomatic than his appearance would suggest, being an expert in the fields of both weaponry and negotiation.
Video game appearances
Napalm Man is one of the eight bosses. He attacks by shooting two Napalm Bombs from his arms and then jumping, which can be avoided by sliding to the opposite side, but the player should make sure there is enough space to the side Mega Man is, for if he gets cornered, it will become almost impossible to dodge his attacks. Napalm Man also attacks by shooting head missiles which can be avoided by just jumping over them. He is weak when he has jumped and when he finishes firing missiles. His weakness is the Crystal Eye, but it should be fired at a wall, to increase the chances of two orbs hitting him. It takes him out in minimally five attacks, but more if two orbs do not hit him in the same attacks, up to a max of ten attacks.
Napalm Man is one of the four bosses fought in the Wily Station. He has the same attacks as he did in Mega Man 5, as well as the same weakness, but he has been added a secondary weakness: Pharaoh Shot. Crystal Eye defeats him in minimum four attacks if two crystal orbs hit him and more if that not happens, up to a max of seven attacks, while the Pharaoh Shot which defeats him in ten uncharged shots and four charged ones.
Napalm Man also inherits the same attacks in this game, but now he is weak to the effects of the Flash Stopper.
- "Concentrate more on avoiding Napalm Man's attack. If you could short out Napalm Man's body, he'll become weak."
- —Dr. Light
In both games, Napalm Man uses his previous attacks and the homing missiles from his shoulders. He can also speed up using the treads on his feet and a small rocket on his back. He is weak to Gemini Laser in both games, due to its ability to short out the firing mechanisms of his weaponry.
Napalm Man uses the Patriot Bomber, a resistant tank-like vehicle able attack with bombs and other explosive weaponry. He wants to use the prize money to create a weapons museum, and if the player wins using him, he successfully builds and stocks the museum with the prize money, but no one visits it. After waiting for a while, one guest visits the museum, but says it's boring. Angered by the comment, Napalm Man accidentally blows up the museum with his own weapons.
|Has powerful weapons. Can put bombs behind or throw them away.|
|Body||Full Metal Body||Can shoot the Napalm bomb forward and backward. Possesses great destructive power.|
("Mega Torque Engine"
|The acceleration plate's effect will last longer for this engine.|
|Wing||Counter Wing||Grants you more points and thus makes it easier to obtain items.|
|Tire||E-Guard Tire||Not affected by the deceleration area. More effective on dirt road.|
- Napalm Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man 10 as data of the Weapons Archive. His data's weakness is the Rebound Striker.
- Napalm Man appears in Rockman Strategy. He has ten missiles on his shoulders instead of six, and does not have the rocket on his back.
- Power Battle: ひみつへいきこうじょうのしゅびをもくてきにつくられたロボット。こうじょうをみまわりながらじぶんにあったぶきをさがしだしてはそうびする。とくしゅぶきは、ナパームボムじゃ。
- Power Fighters: ＰＢにもとうじょうしたナパームマンは、ロックマン５からとうじょうこうじょうでじぶんにあったぶきをそうびしていくためほとんどがミサイルによるこうげきがメインじゃ。とくしゅぶきナパームボムはいちどにこうはんいをこうげきできるため、とくにきをつけるのじゃ。
Mega Man 5:
- Apache Joe
- Bomb Thrown
- Jet Bomb
- Metall Cannon
- Power Muscler
- Rolling Drill
Mega Man IV (Game Boy):
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Napalm Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 5.
|Mega Man 5|
|Mega Buster||Gravity Hold||Water Wave||Power Stone||Gyro Attack||Star Crash||Charge Kick||Napalm Bomb||Crystal Eye||Super Arrow||Beat|
Napalm Man has a brief cameo appearance in the opening of the Mega Man animated series, but never appeared in any episode. He was also seen in the show's pilot commercial firing all of his missiles. The commercial and the brief cameo in the cartoon intro was Napalm Man's only involvement in the series.
The Mega Man 5 bosses have short appearances fighting against Mega Man or helping Wily in the three episodes from the OVA.
Napalm Man is a combat robot who is essentially a walking armory. Aside from numerous missiles, Napalm Man also has Napalm Bombs installed on his arms. Napalm, which is a mixture of fuel and thickening agents, is accompanied by several mini-bombs in each of Napalm Man's Napalm Bombs. Upon impact, the napalm and mini-bombs are scattered around the area and the resulting explosion, known as the Fire Storm, spreads intense fire over a wide area. To account for the powerful effects and huge range of the Fire Storm, the Napalm Bombs have a built-in time delay feature to give Napalm Man a chance to avoid damage from his own attack. The Fire Storm is more effectively used as a wide range trap than it is as a focused attack aimed at a specific target.
Napalm Man first appeared in the story "Holiday of Soldiers", where the eight Robot Masters from Mega Man 5 have a part-time job at an amusement park to earn money for Wily. He works at the box office.
In Mega Man Gigamix, he participates in the Battle & Chase competition.
Although Napalm Man himself has yet to make an appearance in the Mega Man Archie Comics themselves, he did appear in the Worlds Collide arc in Sonic Universe Issue 53 and Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 250. In the latter issue, he attacked Shadow with his Napalm Bombs during the fight against the time-cloned Robot Masters, overwhelming him and causing him to brag about Shadow being no match for a "walking tank." However, he is then knocked away by E-123 Omega, who was unimpressed with his "pea-shooter" weapons.
Napalm Man is one of the racers. He captures Chill Penguin during the race, and Chill Penguin tries to escape by attacking him several times. Angry, Napalm Man throws him off his car, but he's rescued by Mega Man.
- Although Napalm Man is purple in his official artwork, he is blue in Mega Man 5- both his mugshot and in-game sprites. In every other game he was featured in, (minus Mega Man 10) he was purple.
- Although his mugshot and artwork show a missile in the device on his head, all of his in-game sprites, even the more detailed ones found in Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, show simply a red sphere in the place of the rocket's nose cone.
- Napalm Man's weakness, Crystal Eye, takes away three bars of his energy in Mega Man 5 while the other Robot Masters in Mega Man 5 suffer four bars of damage from their weaknesses.
- The Rockman 5 Japanese game commercial's music was a remix of Napalm Man's theme.
- It is believed that Napalm Man's stage is actually based off Vietnam. Considering the tiger robots, the jungle setting, the punji traps, and the fact napalm was a flammable liquid used in the Vietnam War, this is most likely true.
- There was a rumor that Mega Man 5 was never released in Vietnam, because the Vietnamese would have found Napalm Man offensive. Napalm bombs were a flammable weapon used by the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam war - so devastating that the American government banned their use due to human rights.
- The description given of Napalm Man in the Mega Man: Robot Master Field Guide mentions his weapons museum, as well as the fact that no one visited it, thus implying that he was the winner of Mega Man: Battle & Chase.
- Napalm Man dislikes metal detectors because his body is full of weapons and finding hidden weapons and dangerous devices is the purpose of metal detectors.
|Mega Man IV|
| Bright Man • Toad Man • Pharaoh Man • Ring Man |
Stone Man • Charge Man • Napalm Man • Crystal Man
|"Satellite Cannon" • Ballade • "Bridge" • Hunter • Wily Robo Iron Golem • Wily Capsule|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
| Flash Stopper • Rain Flush • Pharaoh Shot • Ring Boomerang|
Power Stone • Charge Kick • Napalm Bomb • Crystal Eye • Ballade Cracker
|Mega Man's Support Items|
|Rush Coil • Rush Jet • Beat|
|Damage Data Chart • Enemies • Wily Station • Wily Battleship|
|Mega Man (Game Gear)|
|Bright Man • Stone Man • Star Man • Napalm Man • Wave Man • Toad Man • Dr. Wily|
|Mega Man's Weapons|
|Mega Buster • Flash Stopper • Power Stone • Star Crash • Napalm Bomb • Water Wave • Rain Flush|
| 100 Watton • Apache Joe • Asteroid • B Bitter • Baby Metall • Bomb Thrown • Bounder • Changkey Maker • Dachone • Daidine • Dompan|
Gas • Giree • Gyotot • Hirarian 427 • Irucan • Jet Bomb • Lyric • Metall Cannon • Metall Mommy • Minoan • Mizzile • Mousubeil
Power Muscler • Puyoyon • Rackaser • Ratton • Rider Joe • Rock Thrown • Rolling Drill • Scworm • Sniper Armor • Space Metall
Springer • Swallown • Subeil • Sumatran • Taban • Tatepakkan • Teckyun • Tondeall • Toss Machine • Totem Polen
Twin Cannon • Yudon • V
|- Sub-bosses -|
|Escaroo • Octoper OA|
|Extra Life • Energy Pellet • Weapon Energy • Energy Tank • M Tank|
|Battan • Bottomless Pit • Force Beam • Spikes • Mega Man (Game Gear) Damage Data Chart|
|Mega Man: The Power Battle|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass|
| - Mega Man 1~2 -|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Crash Man • Heat Man • Wood Man
- Mega Man 3~6 -
Magnet Man • Gemini Man • Dust Man • Gyro Man • Napalm Man • Plant Man
- Mega Man 7 -
Freeze Man • Junk Man • Cloud Man • Slash Man • Shade Man • Turbo Man
- Dr. Wily -
| Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Crash Bomber • Atomic Fire • Leaf Shield|
Magnet Missile • Gemini Laser • Dust Crusher • Gyro Attack • Napalm Bomb • Plant Barrier
Freeze Cracker • Junk Shield • Thunder Strike • Slash Claw • Noise Crush • Scorch Wheel
|Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters|
|List of Playable Characters|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass • Duo|
|List of Bosses|
| - Search for Wily! -|
Shadow Man • Plant Man • Gyro Man • Centaur Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man
- Rescue Roll! -
Cut Man • Stone Man • Shade Man • Elec Man • Dive Man • Slash Man
- Recover the new parts! -
Guts Man • Pharaoh Man • Air Man • Quick Man • Gemini Man • Napalm Man
- Dr. Wily -
|List of Special Weapons|
| Shadow Blade • Plant Barrier • Gyro Attack • Centaur Arrow • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire|
Rolling Cutter • Power Stone • Noise Crush • Thunder Beam • Dive Missile • Slash Claw
Super Arm • Pharaoh Wave • Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Gemini Laser • Napalm Bomb
|Rush • Beat • Treble|