Mr. Famous, known as Eguchi Meijin (江口名人?) in Japan, is a scientist who works with Yuichiro Hikari. He is recognized for his signature glasses, lab coat, and numbered shirt. In Japanese version, he is voiced by Keiji Fujiwara while in English version, he is voiced by Jonathan Holmes.
He is the creator of several NetNavis, and uses four in the games:
Mr. Famous doesn't have much storyline significance and is usually an optional boss. He sometimes gives useful hints.
- In Mega Man Battle Network 2, he is at the Marine Harbor and battles to prove himself. He wears a mask over his face.
- In Mega Man Battle Network 3, Mr. Famous is no longer using a mask and appears in Yoka in the Blue version only (he is replaced by a scientist in White Version). He always gives hints and secrets before he battles with Punk. Unlike other optional "friendly Navi" battles, defeating Punk will only give the player money, regardless of busting rank.
- In Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, he is sponsoring the Class X to Class Z Secret Tournaments. Although at first remaining oblivious to the player, his true motive is to lure Bass; as Bass will likely to show up in front of a very strong Navi: the winner of these Secret Tournaments. Using these tournaments, Mr. Famous intend to capture Bass and take advantage of his powers. He later appears as the final opponent in Class Y Tournament with GateMan as his Navi, to test the player. In the end of Class Z Tournament, Bass shows up as he had hoped, but Bass blocked every outer connection except for the winning player's NetNavi, leaving Mr. Famous and the Tournament crews powerless. He finally gave up his ambition and place his trust to the player to defeat Bass.
- In Mega Man Battle Network 4, he teaches kendo in NetFrica to teach the young people discipline and wears kendo equipment. He appears randomly in the Red Sun / Blue Moon tournament. He is attacked by a former pupil of his who Mr. Famous defeated and sealed his skills some time ago. The former pupil incapacitates Mr. Famous and tries to delete KendoMan, but Lan and MegaMan save them both. At the Red Sun tournament, he is defeated.
- In Mega Man Battle Network 5, Mr. Famous is found in the mines of the Oran Isles and uses GridMan in Netbattles to test Lan.
- In Mega Man Battle Network 6, Mr. Famous observes Lan and MegaMan's skills in a 20-in-a-row virus battle as well as deleting viruses in electronic devices in Central and Seaside for mission requests. He also appears in Astroland, selling special chips.
Mr. Famous is a skilled scientist who works at Scilab, but in the first season, he went around helping people. He presents himself as the famous Mr. Famous, but many characters remark that they have never heard of him, disclaiming his supposed fame. Mr. Famous first helps Mr. Match when TorchMan is deleted and offers to use TorchMan's data to complete HeatMan.EXE, a NetNavi, he created. Mr. Match initially refuses, but agrees to avenge TorchMan.
In Rockman EXE Stream Episode 11, he is shown to enjoy collecting small figurines. Of his collection, there are a total of five Rockman.EXE figures and figures of other Navis including: Blues, Roll, Rush, Spoutman, Iceman, Gutsman, and Numberman. There are also some virus figures which include Billy (the thunder virus), three Mettaurs (two small one extra large), an extra large Swordy2, a Quake, a Jelly, and several others. The rest of his collection includes different types of aircraft and an assortment of various animals.
In the manga, Mr. Famous is in a group of skilled Net Battlers, and tests Lan and Chaud to see if they qualify for joining their group against the Dark energy. He uses a point system to tell how well they do and Punk.EXE as his NetNavi.
When DesertMan.EXE attacks the base, Mr. Famous and Punk let themselves become captured so Lan and MegaMan can defeat him. He is later put into a hospital, where Serenade.EXE visits Mr. Famous's mind; it appears the two have met before.
- His Japanese name is based on Masakazu Eguchi.
- In the English version of the anime, he speaks with a British accent. In both Japanese and English versions, Famous prefers not to be addressed formally. When any character addresses him as Mr. Famous, he will retaliate with, "No, it's just 'Famous!"
- In each season of the anime, the number on Famous's shirt increases by one, starting at 15 and ending at 19, representing the age of the Mega Man/Rockman franchise at the time.
- Despite having four NetNavis in the games, Mr. Famous is never seen operating any of them in the anime -- they are all either villains, bystanders or operated by other characters.
Mr. Famous and Punk.EXE
|Mega Man NT Warrior (manga)||Sean Obihiro • Lan Hikari and MegaMan.EXE • Tora and KingMan.EXE • Eugene Chaud and ProtoMan.EXE • Raoul and ThunderMan.EXE • Sal and WoodMan.EXE • Tamako and MetalMan.EXE|