Mole Borer (モルボーラー Morubōrā?) is an extremely dangerous enemy Mechaniloid which appears twice as a mini-boss in Armored Armadillo's stage in Mega Man X. Its spiked roller can kill X instantly, just like the spikes that appear as environmental stage hazards. It is wise to travel behind this fatal enemy when possible. Using the Fire Wave continuously will cause great damage and take it down easily.
Hits Data Chart
|Mega Man X|
|Mega Buster||Shotgun Ice||Electric Spark||Rolling Shield||Homing Torpedo||Boomerang Cutter||Chameleon Sting||Storm Tornado||Fire Wave||Hadouken|
- For X-Buster, the four damage values are listed according to how long the weapon is charged. The first number is damage done with uncharged shots; the second number is when the weapon is charged slightly (cyan); third number is when the X-Buster is charged even more (yellow); fourth number is when the X-Buster is fully charged (pink).
- Sometimes, an uncharged shot will inflict two units of damage instead of one, if the enemy has just started moving or if X fires a shot while he is dashing.
- For the eight Special Weapons, the first number is damage done when the weapon is used in normal fire; the second is when the weapon is used in its charged state.
- For Chameleon Sting, as the weapon's secondary fire renders X invincible and is incapable of inflicting damage on enemies and bosses, the damage values list only the normal fire of this weapon.
- For Homing Torpedo, Boomerang Cutter, Storm Tornado and Fire Wave: the secondary fire for these weapons are capable of inflicting multiple hits on a target, so the values listed on the second number is the amount of damage done per hit, not the total amount of damage done.
Mole Borers also appear in the second Sigma stage from Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. In that game, the enemy can be destroyed using two hits of the Ride Armor punch, even directly at the front as the punch can repel Mole Borer's spiked roller attacks. The Ride Armor is also available for X to use in that segment as well to aid this.
Mole Bore (モルボーラ Morubōra?) is a bigger Mole Borer that serves as the boss of the Palace Road stage in Mega Man X7. It chases the Maverick Hunters throughout the level trying to crush them with its roller, and at the end they must fight against it.
- Rush Attack: The Mole Bore will perform this move at the start of the battle and following any other attack. It will speed off down the middle of the screen disappearing off the left side and then rush back across screen down the top lane to the right, and then to the left again down the bottom lane. It will cross the screen once more heading right down the upper lane, then reappear on the right side of the screen and come to a stop. The Mole Bore is invincible during this attack.
- Roller Cutter: While stationary the Mole Bore may release a series of large spinning blades from its drum that home in on the player.
- Laser Attack: When the Mole Bore retracts the tip of its nose and raise its drum, it will lower itself and fire a wide laser beam. Move to the right side of the screen to avoid and inflict some damage to the Mole Bore while it's busy performing this attack. Only Zero can dodge the laser by double jumping from any other location.
A Volt Tornado or Zero's Raijinshou will blow its drum off in one hit (be sure to avoid the drum as it bounces away), removing the threat of its Roller Cutter attack. Yet, losing its drum grants the Mole Bore increased speed and a drill will extend from its nose, rendering the Mole Bore's head invulnerable to attacks while in use. However, it must retract the drill to fire its laser.
A Mole Borer appeared in the "post-credits scene" for the Standard Comic Edition of Issue 36 of the Mega Man Archie Comics lineup, where it was aiding in Dr. Cain's further excavation of what was Dr. Light's Lab alongside X and two Reploids, eventually discovering an ancient Wily weapon and a ruined helmet resembling that of Mega Man.
- Sepelak, Greg (2003). Mega Man X7 Official Strategy Guide. pg.93. BradyGAMES Publishing. (For Mole Bore HP and attack names.)
|Mega Man X|
|List of Mavericks|
| Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Armored Armadillo • Launch Octopus |
Boomer Kuwanger • Sting Chameleon • Storm Eagle • Flame Mammoth
|Vile • Bospider • Rangda Bangda • D-Rex • Velguarder • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
| Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Rolling Shield • Homing Torpedo |
Boomerang Cutter • Chameleon Sting • Storm Tornado • Fire Wave
|Armor Parts • Mega Man X Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X enemies • Damage Data Chart • Script|
|Mega Man X7|
|List of Mavericks|
| Tornado Tonion • Splash Warfly • Flame Hyenard • Ride Boarski • Snipe Anteator |
Wind Crowrang • Vanishing Gungaroo • Soldier Stonekong
|Mega Scorpio • Mole Borer • Red • Sigma|
|Mega Man X and Axl's Special Weapons|
|Volt Tornado • Splash Laser • Circle Blaze • Moving Wheel • Sniper Missile • Wind Cutter • Explosion • Gaea Shield|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijinshou • Suiretsusen • Bakuenjin • Zankourin • Hieijin • Souenbu • Hadangeki • Gokumonken|
| - Zero -|
D Glaive • V Hanger
- Axl -
Copy Shot • Double Bullet • G-Launcher • Ray Gun