|Mega Man using Metal Blade.|
Metal Blade (メタルブレード Metaru Burēdo?), written as Metal-Blade in some games, is Metal Man's Special Weapon, taking the form of a devastating razor-edged circular saw blade made of Ceratanium that can be rapidly thrown in eight directions. It is generally considered to be the strongest weapon from Mega Man 2, as Wood Man, Bubble Man, Flash Man, and even Metal Man himself are weak to this weapon. It is also Wood Man and Magnet Man's weakness in Mega Man II. Air Man, Crash Man, and Quick Man are immune to the Metal Blade. It uses barely any energy, consuming 1 energy for every four Metal Blades (a total of, without recharge, 112 blades in Mega Man 2 and 76 in Mega Man II).
- The Doc Robot from Mega Man 3 also used this weapon along with the weapons from the other Robot Masters in Mega Man 2, but the player can't take it from Doc Robot. The only difference with the original is that Doc Robot's Metal Blades are orange, but the color is the same for Metal Man's blades in Mega Man: The Wily Wars.
- The Metal Blade was set to make a return appearance in Mega Man Universe. Metal Man was also to appear in the game, possibly meaning the player would have had to defeat him again in order to obtain the Metal Blade.
Damage Data ChartEdit
Damage values in units in Mega Man 2.
- *Any data with a "+" represents the weapon actually restoring the boss's health.
List of Bosses Immune To Metal BladeEdit
- Alien: Mega Man 2
- Quick Man: Mega Man 2
- Air Man: Mega Man 2 and Mega Man II
- Crash Man: Mega Man 2 and Mega Man II
- Mecha Dragon: Mega Man 2
- Guts Tank: Mega Man 2
- Boobeam Trap: Mega Man 2
- Top Man: Mega Man II
- Needle Man: Mega Man II
- Wily Machine: Mega Man II
- Mega Water S: Mega Man: The Wily Wars
- Iron Ball: Mega Man: The Wily Wars
- "Wily Machine" (form 1): Mega Man: The Wily Wars
The Metal Blade was used by Mega Man in the Mega Man animated series and by Doc Robot in the cartoon Captain N: The Game Master. Mega Man also used it in Archie Comics' Mega Man comic version on the game, using it to take out Metal Man as a nod to his weakness to it and to finish off Wily Machine 2, remarking on how he wished he'd copied that power first.
- Metal Blade with a hyphen is used as the English name in Mega Man 2 and Mega Man: The Wily Wars, while without hyphen is in Mega Man II and Mega Man: Anniversary Collection.
- There is a glitch that permits Metal Blade to be used infinitely.
- There's only a robot and two fortress bosses (PikoPiko-Kun and Wily Machine 2) neutral (not weak or immune) to this weapon.
- Ironically, this weapon does more damage to Metal Man himself than any other Robot Master in the game. During the second Robot Master battles in Wily Castle, Metal Man can be defeated with only two blades (or one on Normal Mode).
- The Metal Blade could also be frozen stationary if the player presses UP, DOWN, and the FIRE button at the same time, but, as long as the player is on the same screen as the frozen blade, they can only shoot either two, one, or none. For example, if the player freezes one Metal Blade, they can only shoot two Metal Blades instead of three; if the player freezes two, they can only shoot one instead of two; and if the player freezes three of the blades, they cannot shoot any Metal Blades at all.
|Mega Man Classic series||Blade Launcher • Flame Sword • Gyro Attack • Metal Blade • Quick Boomerang • Ring Boomerang • Rolling Cutter • Screw Crusher • Shadow Blade • Silver Tomahawk • Slash Claw • Tengu Blade • Triple Blade • Wheel Cutter|
|Mega Man X series||Boomerang Cutter • C-Shot • Magma Blade • Ray Claw • Shadow Runner • Sonic Slicer • Spinning Blade • Spin Wheel • Twin Slasher • Wind Cutter|
|Mega Man 2|
|List of Robot Masters|
|Metal Man • Air Man • Bubble Man • Quick Man • Crash Man • Flash Man • Heat Man • Wood Man|
|Mecha Dragon • Picopico-kun • Guts Tank • Boobeam Trap • Wily Machine 2 • Alien|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
|Metal Blade • Air Shooter • Bubble Lead • Quick Boomerang • Crash Bomber • Time Stopper • Atomic Fire • Leaf Shield|
|Mega Man's Support Items|
|Item-1 • Item-2 • Item-3|
|List of Enemies|
| "Acid" • Anko • Batton • Big Fish • Blocky • Changkey • Changkey Maker • Copipi • Claw • Fly Boy • Goblin • Kaminari Goro • Kerog|
Kukku • M-445 • Matasaburo • Mole • Monking • Neo Metall • Petit Goblin • "Petit Kerog" • Pierrobot • Pipi • Press • Returning Sniper Joe
Robbit • Scworm • Shotman • Shrink • Sniper Armor • Springer • Tanishi • Telly
|- Sub-bosses -|
|Game Script • List of Enemies • Damage Data Chart • Miscellaneous Data|