|Mega Man X: Command Mission|
|Japanese cover and promo art.|
Mega Man X: Command Mission, known as Rockman X Command Mission (ロックマンXコマンドミッション?) in Japan, is the second-to-last game in the Mega Man X series to be released. It was released on both the PlayStation 2 and the Nintendo GameCube and is primarily RPG-style in nature.
Even though, Command Mission freely references events from previous X series titles, it is considered an unrelated spin-off (side story), set outside of the main storyline. Chronologically, it is currently the last game in the series, taking place sometime in the twenty-third century (22XX time period).
"In 22XX AD, a new substance known as Force Metal was extracted from the debris of a small meteorite. Technology based on the metal revolutionized the field of Reploid Engineering.
Giga City, an artificial island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, was built purposely for the mining and smelting of Force Metal. Everything seemed to go well until a band of Reploids armed themselves and launched a rebellion on the island.
Its leader, Epsilon, was branded a Maverick by the government, who dispatched a Maverick Hunter team to Giga City to liberate Giga City from Epsilon's grasp.
As X and Zero travel to the ruins, a collapsed pillar separates them. X must then fight his way to a place where he and Zero are reunited. Upon reaching Epsilon's destination, Shadow betrays the team, Epsilon's Cadre appears and knocks Zero away. X has no choice but to escape and gather up a team to assist in defeating the minions of the Rebellion army."
Far East HQ
- Giga City
- Lagrano Ruins
- Central Tower
- Tianna Camp
- Gaudile Laboratory
- Ulfat Factory
- Gimialla Mine
- Vanallia Desert
- Melda Ore Plant
- Grave Ruins Base
- Far East HQ
- List of Mega Man X: Command Mission enemies
- List of Mega Man X: Command Mission items
- Mega Man X: Command Mission walkthrough
- Mega Man X: Command Mission Script
|Rockman X: Command Mission commercial|
|Rockman X Command Mission Commercial(00:15)|
- Redips's name was misspelled as "Rideps" in the instruction manual. However, this was likely intentional to avoid any chances of those who read the manual would notice the play in his name.
- In an early version of the game, X had his usual blue armor with bright colors instead of the new exclusive armor from the final version.
- This is the only game of the Mega Man X series without Sigma. However, Sigma's last English voice actor Dave Pettitt performs the role of Epsilon in this game.
- While not the first in the franchise to be a role-playing game (MegaMan Battle Network being action-RPG), Command Mission was the first (and only) RPG in the X series and in the robot continuity altogether (as the Battle Network/Star Force series is set in an entirely separate timeline).
- The background music used during Lagrano Ruins (where Epsilon and other Rebellion members were created) is a remix of the theme used during one of Axl's cutscenes in Mega Man X7 when he reveals to Zero the reason he left Red Alert is his A-Trans copy ability.
- This is the only game in the X series (so far) that does not feature X's Variable Weapons system. On a related note, Zero's techniques aren't learned normally by defeating bosses.
- Concept art for the game suggests that Mega Man and Cut Man were possibly planned to appear in the game, however they were removed, or left out of the overall game for unknown reasons.
- This is also the only game in the X series (so far) that does not feature any Dr. Light Capsules, thus making this game the only one in the series to lack Dr. Light.
- ↑ Original text:
S級イレギュラーハンターが 集結！！ロックマンX アナザーストーリー
エックス、ゼロ、アクセルと 「ロックマンX」シリーズの主人公３名が登場するシリーズ初のRPG、それが「ロックマンX コマンドミッション」。元がアクションゲームの 「ロックマンX」シリーズとあって、RPGとしてはかなりテンポのよい戦闘が特徴だ。またストーリーはシリーズとの関連性はないものの、多くのデモシーンで盛り上がる。やり込み要素やサブイベントも充実で、長く遊びたい人にピッタリだ。
X, Zero, Axl, the three protagonists of the Rockman X series appear in the series first RPG, this is Rockman X Command Mission. The Rockman X series origins and exists as an action game series, as an RPG a good fight tempo is considerably characteristic. Besides, the story isn't related with the series even though it is exciting in many demo scenes. It also contains elements and complete sub-events, precisely for those that wish to play a long time.
The Mega Man Network - Compendium of Rockman X on Command Mission, "Another Story", July, 11 2007. Retrieved on 2010-October 19.
|Mega Man X: Command Mission|
|Mega Man X • Zero • Axl • Steel Massimo • Marino • Cinnamon • Spider|
|Chief R • Nana • Aile • Professor Gaudile|
|Epsilon • Botos • Ferham • Scarface • Wild Jango • Silver Horn • Dr. Psyche • Mach Jentra • Incentas|
| Hippopressor • Shadow • Depth Dragoon • Colonel Redips • Great Redips |
Duckbill Mole • Rafflesian • Tails Clan • Ninetails
| Giga City • Lagrano Ruins • Central Tower • Tianna Camp • Gaudile Laboratory • Ulfat Factory • Gimialla Mine |
Vanallia Desert • Melda Ore Plant • Grave Ruins Base • Far East HQ • Babel
|Action Trigger • Hyper Mode •Final Strike • Force Metal • Deployment Center • Sky Room • Enemies • Items|