|Mega Man Killers|
|The Mega Man Killers in Rockman 4Koma Dai Koushin.|
The Mega Man Killers (MKN, Mega Man Killer Numbers), known in Japan as the Rockman Killers (ロックマンキラー Rokkuman Kirā?, RKN), is a series of robots from the original Mega Man series created by Dr. Wily specially to kill Mega Man (known as Rockman in Japan).
Video game appearances
The first Mega Man Killer created by Dr. Wily, Enker, fights against Mega Man in the Wily Castle. Despite being a powerful foe, Mega Man is able to defeat him. In some sources related to the game, Enker is designated as a "Mega Man Hunter" instead of Mega Man Killer.
Inside the Wily Station, Mega Man faces a second Mega Man Killer, Punk. Like Enker before him, he is a strong opponent, but is defeated.
A third Mega Man Killer, Ballade, is introduced. Being confident in his power, he challenges Mega Man twice, but is defeat in both battles. Realizing his mistake, in the end he sacrifices his life to help Mega Man escape the Wily Battleship before it explodes.
The Mega Man Killers are the bosses from the three DLC Special Stages.
- Enker appeared in Wily & Right's RockBoard: That's Paradise and Mega Man's Soccer.
- The Mega Man Killers appeared in the CD database from Mega Man & Bass and as Battle Memory in Rockman ×over.
- The Mega Man Killers were planned to appear as bosses in the cancelled game Rockman Online.
Mega Man (Archie Comics)
The Mega Man Killers first appeared in issue 20, with Dr. Wily, the Genesis Unit and a defeated Time Man inside the Chronos Institute. However, when Mega Man came, Dr. Wily dispatched the Genesis Unit to take care of him, which Enker obviously dislikes, since his group was made for destroying Mega Man, not them. Wily tells Enker to not sass him, and that the Mega Man Killers will be the final line of defense.
The Mega Man Killers made an appearance in the Sonic/Mega Man Worlds Collide crossover in Mega Man Issue 27. The Killers acted as guards and fought Mega Man, Sonic, Tails, and Rush. During the fight, Punk accidentally destroyed Enker by ripping him in half, and Punk was destroyed by Mega Man. However, when Sonic spin-dashes into Ballade, while at the time the Killer was preparing to launch a Ballade Cracker, this causes it to fire accidentally...into Tails, injuring him and putting him out of the fight as Rush escorts him out to safety. It was also implied that the Mega Man Killers, or at least Ballade, were time-cloned from a time period before they met Mega Man, due to Ballade expressing confusion regarding his sacrificing himself to save Mega Man.
- Punk appears in the Rockman World 3 manga.
- Enker and Punk appeared in Rockman: Yomigaeru Blues as members of the army controlled by Wily Blues.
- Enker and Ballade appear in the short stories in the end of the Rockman & Forte manga, and Punk has a cameo appearance in Rock Santa ga Yuku, the third story from Arigatou Rockman.
- The Mega Man Killers appear in Rockman 4Koma Dai Koushin.
- Punk is Keiji Inafune's favorite Mega Man Killer, to the point that he made a NetNavi version of him, Punk.EXE.
- Quint and Terra are not classified as Mega Man Killers, but serve analagous roles in their respective games, and are typically grouped in with them.
- Outside of their boss room in Mega Man V, there are several inactive copies of the boss inside tubes, suggesting that the bosses themselves may also be copies.