|Mega Man 3|
|The boxart of Mega Man 3 for DOS; Mega Man 3's boxart sans Rush and Top Man.|
Mega Man 3: The Robots are Revolting is a DOS game released in USA in 1992 for PC. The game was officially licensed by Capcom USA to Hi-Tech and developed in association with Rozner Labs. Its predecessor is Mega Man for the PC, not having a Mega Man 2.
"It's three times the thrills... three times the action... three times the fun. It's MEGA MAN 3!
Legions of once peaceful robots have been mysteriously transformed into a horde of humanity-hating berserk droids! Nobody is safe - least of all Mega Man. Armed with every android-annihilator ever invented, they're determined to reduce the super-powered cyborg into a heap of radioactive waste!
Can our hero outfight, outwit and "out-robot" the robots? Will Mega Man pulverize the powerful robot-maniacs? Or will he melt down?
It's all up to you, as you join the battle in Mega Man 3: THE ROBOTS ARE REVOLTING."
Many of the Robot Masters in this game have basic AI, and will simply jump in Mega Man's direction at varying distances, only shooting if they come into contact with a wall. Bit Man and Wave Man are the only two who do not do as such. Bit Man will stand on one end of the room for a while before shooting and running at Mega Man making tiles fall when he reaches the other side, where Wave Man will always shoot every three jumps.
All of them have 32 HP and take 8 units of damage from their main weakness, therefore will be killed by their weakness in 4 hits.
|Bit Man||Bit Cannon||Torch Arm|
|Shark Man||Shark Boomerang||Oil Stream|
|Wave Man (PC)||Water Shooter||Shark Boomerang|
|Oil Man (PC)||Oil Stream||Blade Launcher|
|Blade Man (PC)||Blade Launcher||Bit Cannon|
|Torch Man||Torch Arm||Water Shooter|
The ending of this game is exactly the same as that of the first Mega Man PC game, except for the credits.
- This game was the second and last Mega Man game for DOS computers, but it was named "Mega Man 3". Strangely, there was no "Mega Man 2" for the PC. This may have been due to Hi-Tech (and Capcom) wanting to capitalize off of the success of Mega Man 3 on the NES.
- This is one of the only Mega Man games in the US to keep its subtitle, "The Robots are Revolting," though not used anywhere other than in the back of the box description. The other game is Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge for the Gameboy.
- This is the first of two Mega Man games to feature swimming for under water segments in Blade Man's, Wave Man's, and Shark Man's stages, the second being Mega Man 8 for use in the Underground section of the Intro Stage and Aqua Man's stage.
- This was the first Mega Man game which Mega Man could not shoot through walls, a feature not seen again until Mega Man X5.
- Five of the Robot Masters have the same name of other original characters: Oil Man, Wave Man, Blade Man, SharkMan.EXE and TorchMan.EXE (FireMan.EXE's American anime name). Only Bit Man has yet to share a name with another character.
- There are files in this game by the names of City, Tanker, Ocean, Rig, Refinery, Sewer and Castle, representing the names of the stages for the bosses. City is Blade Man's water purification facility, Tanker is Wave Man's Oil Tanker, Ocean is Shark Man's stage, Rig is Bit Man's Oil Rig, Refinery is Oil Man's stage, Sewer is Torch Man's stage, and Castle is the Final Stage.
- Three of the stages (Rig, Tanker and Refinery) all share Oil Canisters throughout the stages, these stages may be related as the Canisters all have "OIL" written on them, and the top of the Steam Stacks in Oil Man's stage have "OIL.CO" on them. Possible showing connection of the locations. As well as an Oil Rig would extract the oil, a Tanker would bring the oil to shore, to be brought to the refinery.
- All six of the Robot Master's portraits were directly ripped from various games and edited to represent such bosses:
- Blade Man: Metal Man - Circular saw is removed and color is changed to purple. Eyes are changed from red to black
- Wave Man: Air Man - Fan is replaced by seven water guns.
- Bit Man: Hard Man - Color is changed to bright yellow and a decorative piece is added to the head.
- Oil Man: Flash Man - Color is changed to red and the helmet is altered a bit to cover the mouth.
- Torch Man: Magnet Man - Magnet is removed. A darker shade of red is used.
|Mega Man 3 (PC)|
|Bit Man • Blade Man • Oil Man • Shark Man • Wave Man • Torch Man • CRORQ • Dr. Wily|
|Mega Man's Weapons|
|Mega Buster • Bit Cannon • Blade Launcher • Oil Stream • Shark Boomerang • Water Shooter • Torch Arm|
|Extra Life • Energy Pellet • Weapon Energy • Energy Tank|
|Spikes • Acid • Met • Sniper Joe • Mega Man 3 (PC) Damage Data Chart|