Mega Man 3: The Robots are Revolting is a DOS game released in USA in 1992 for DOS. The game was officially licensed by Capcom USA to Hi-Tech and developed in association with Rozner Labs. Its predecessor is Mega Man for the PC, not having a Mega Man 2. The reason for this is that one of the game's bosses is similar to the boss in the Mega Man 3 cover, which was reused for this game.
"It's three times the thrills... three times the action... three times the fun. It's MEGA MAN 3!
Legions of once peaceful robots have been mysteriously transformed into a horde of humanity-hating berserk droids! Nobody is safe - least of all Mega Man. Armed with every android-annihilator ever invented, they're determined to reduce the super-powered cyborg into a heap of radioactive waste!
Can our hero outfight, outwit and "out-robot" the robots? Will Mega Man pulverize the powerful robot-maniacs? Or will he melt down?
It's all up to you, as you join the battle in Mega Man 3: THE ROBOTS ARE REVOLTING."
Many of the Robot Masters in this game have basic AI, and will simply jump in Mega Man's direction at varying distances, only shooting if they come into contact with a wall. Bit Man and Wave Man are the only two who do not do as such. Bit Man will stand on one end of the room for a while before shooting and running at Mega Man making tiles fall when he reaches the other side, and Wave Man will always shoot every three jumps.
All of them have 32 HP and take 8 units of damage from their main weakness; as such, they will each be killed by their weakness in 4 hits.
|Bit Man||Bit Cannon||Torch Arm|
|Shark Man||Shark Boomerang||Oil Stream|
|Wave Man||Water Shooter||Shark Boomerang|
|Oil Man||Oil Stream||Blade Launcher|
|Blade Man||Blade Launcher||Bit Cannon|
|Torch Man||Torch Arm||Water Shooter|
The ending of this game is exactly the same as that of the first Mega Man PC game, except for the credits.
- This is one of the only Mega Man games in the US to keep its subtitle, "The Robots are Revolting," though not used anywhere other than in the back of the box description. The other game is Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge for the Game Boy.
- This is the first of two Mega Man games to feature swimming for underwater segments in Blade Man's, Wave Man's, and Shark Man's stages, the second being Mega Man 8 for use in the underground section of the Opening Stage and Aqua Man's stage.
- This was the first Mega Man game in which Mega Man could not shoot through walls, a feature not seen again until Mega Man X5.
- Even though it shows Mega Man changing color when he first obtains a weapon, Mega Man does not change color in-game when he equips a weapon.
- Five of the Robot Masters have the same name as other original characters: Oil Man, Wave Man, Blade Man, SharkMan.EXE, and Torch Man. Only Bit Man has yet to share a name with another character.
- There are files in this game by the names of City, Tanker, Ocean, Rig, Refinery, Sewer, and Castle, representing the names of the stages for the bosses. City is Blade Man's water purification facility, Tanker is Wave Man's Oil Tanker, Ocean is Shark Man's stage, Rig is Bit Man's Oil Rig, Refinery is Oil Man's stage, Sewer is Torch Man's stage, and Castle is the final stage.
- All six of the Robot Master's portraits were directly ripped from various games and edited to represent such bosses:
- Blade Man: Metal Man - Circular saw is removed and color is changed to purple. Eyes are changed from red to black
- Wave Man: Air Man - Fan is replaced by seven water guns.
- Bit Man: Hard Man - Color is changed to bright yellow and a decorative piece is added to the head.
- Oil Man: Flash Man - Color is changed to red and the helmet is altered a bit to cover the mouth.
- Torch Man: Magnet Man - Magnet is removed. A darker shade of red is used. Eyes are changed from blue to black.
- ↑ PC Gamer: The story of the bizarre Mega Man DOS games
- ↑ The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers Volume 2
- ↑ Interordi.com, Mega Man PC Website- Mega Man 3 PC official description
|Mega Man 3 (DOS)|
|Bit Man • Blade Man • Oil Man • Shark Man • Wave Man • Torch Man • CRORQ • Dr. Wily|
|Mega Man's Weapons|
|Mega Buster • Bit Cannon • Blade Launcher • Oil Stream • Shark Boomerang • Water Shooter • Torch Arm|
|Extra Life • Energy Pellet • Weapon Energy • Energy Tank|
|Spikes • Acid • Met • Sniper Joe • Mega Man 3 (PC) Damage Data Chart|