Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Maha Ganeshariff (マハ・ガネシャリフ Maha Ganesharifu?) is the boss of the "Retrieve Data" mission from the first Mega Man Zero game, who is in charge of data processing and handling information in his large body. He is a Mutos Reploid from the Deep Sea Squadron based on the Hindu elephant god Ganesha. He stored all the data he collected in the Underground Laboratory in his body's server, and to recover it, Zero needs to defeat him and download it from his memory. Zero also receives the Cyber-elf Itecle, and must evacuate the Underground Laboratory before it explodes. After completing the mission, Zero receives the Triple Rod from Cerveau. If the player fails in this mission, Ciel will try to hack into the enemy base to keep them from using the data. Zero fights against him again in Neo Arcadia.
Maha attacks with fast slaps, rolling like a ball, releasing bombs while rolling towards Zero, and swinging from the ceiling. He also throws tusks if the player has a high rank.
Mega Man Zero Complete Works Bio
BIG, HARD BALL GENIE
The Mutos Reploid responsible for the storage and distribution of information for the Deep sea Squadron lead by Leviathan. To help ensure the security and integrity of the data Maha Ganeshariff handles, he was built to be a data server that can not only transport information, but defend itself if necessary. With valuable servers as innards, his outer body was built as a large, solid shell to protect their contents.
Nickname: 剛球大魔神 (Goukyuu Daimajin, Great Sturdy Sphere Genie)
EX skill: Tusk Boomerang (タスクブーメラン): Maha detaches his tusks and flings them in Zero's direction like boomerangs. Has small range and inflicts minor damage.
- His hand slaps are similar to E. Honda in the Street Fighter series.
- His role as data store may be a reference to the god Ganesha from hindu mythology. As he is the god of knowledge and education, it probably inspired Ganeshariff's function of containing and protecting data. Ganesha is also the god of obstacles, whose function is both to place and remove them from one's way. How the whole area is blocked after his defeat, as well as the way a new path opens up after that, may compose another reference to the god's role. Enemies such as Ray Blade, who act as barrier-like obstacles to the player, also inhabit the area while he is present, also referencing the god's purpose.
- His data-storing function may also represent how real elephants are capable of retaining a lot of information on their memory (often reflected in the proverb, "An elephant never forgets".).
- The design of the background from Protectos the Goreroid's room appears to be based on Maha Ganeshariff. Also, both bosses are fought when trying to obtain data that they found in the area and stored in their body.
- There is an unused dialog which Maha Ganeshariff says: "I was supposed to be invincible.But it's too late. You're still going to perish!". It's possibly ment to be his deadline, but it his unknown if he was supposed to say it in his first or in his second battle against Zero.
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth