|Mega Man using Magnet Missile.|
Magnet Missile (マグネットミサイル Magunetto Misairu?) is Magnet Man's Special Weapon. When Magnet Man jumps in the air, he fires three magnet-shaped missiles that travel horizontally until it is parallel to Mega Man, and then travels vertically toward him. Making contact with these missiles will cause to Mega Man lose three bars of health.
When equipped by Mega Man, these Magnet Missiles function the same as that from the previous owner, however he can only have two Magnet Missiles on the screen at a time. If a Magnet Missile hits an enemy during its horizontal track, it will just explode without vertically tracking anything. In Mega Man 3, the missile only moves vertically if the target can be harmed (even if it is immune to Magnet Missiles), skipping enemies that cannot be harmed such as Mets under their helmets and Hammer Joes with closed eyes. In Mega Man II, it moves vertically even when they are invincible.
Damage Data ChartEdit
Damage values in units in Mega Man 3.
- For Kamegoro Maker, a certain amount of damage will be taken from the health meter for each of the five Kamegoros produced, regardless of which weapon the player uses against them. Each Kamegoro has 3 health.
In Mega Man 3 and Mega Man II, one Magnet Missile uses two Weapon Energy units. With a full weapon energy gauge, it can be used fourteen times in Mega Man 3 and Mega Man: The Power Battle, and nine times in Mega Man II.
Bosses weak against Magnet MissileEdit
- Mega Man 3: Hard Man, Doc Robot (Metal Man and Air Man), Magnet Man (2nd Encounter)
- Mega Man II: Hard Man
- Mega Man: The Power Battle: Gemini Man
- Super Adventure Rockman: Hard Man
Bosses immune to Magnet MissileEdit
- Mega Man 3: Spark Man, Snake Man, Doc Robot (Bubble Man and Wood Man), Holograph Mega Men, Gamma
- Mega Man II: Wily Machine
- Mega Man: The Wily Wars: Wily Machine
In the episode Mega-Pinocchio from the Mega Man animated series, Mega Man got Magnet Man's power by pretending to be evil long enough to get close to him, before tricking him into giving him a high five to steal his power. After he obtained it, Mega Man used his magnetic power to slam Magnet Man into a wall, before pulling Dr. Wily's mind control helmet to him, taking it to use himself. Both Mega Man and Magnet Man only use magnetic powers, the Magnet Missile being absent in the cartoon.
|Mega Man Classic series|| Beat • Dive Missile • Forte Vulcan • Homing Sniper • Hornet Chaser • Magnet Missile •|
|Mega Man X series|| Bomb Bee • Homing Torpedo • Parasitic Bomb • Shadow Runner • Sniper Missile •|
Thunder Dancer • Wind Cutter