Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Magma Man was built to oversee safety operations and manage a geothermal power plant. He is able to withstand incredibly high temperatures and loves to visit hot spas.
The lavafalls in his stage have the same effect as the laser beams from Quick Man's stage in Mega Man 2, the ignited oil from Flame Man's stage in Mega Man 6, and the fire beams from Turbo Man's stage in Mega Man 7, in which they cause Mega Man to die instantly.
Magma Man moves by jumping while shooting his Magma Bazooka. As long as the flames on his head are ignited, he will fire off charged shots.
His weakness is the Tornado Blow, which not only damages him, but also blows out the flames on his head. Afterwards, Magma Man can only fire normal shots until he recharges.
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Magma Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 9.
|Mega Man 9|
|Mega Buster||Proto Buster||Concrete Shot||Tornado Blow||Laser Trident||Plug Ball||Jewel Satellite||Hornet Chaser||Magma Bazooka||Black Hole Bomb|
- *For Proto Buster and Magma Bazooka, the first digit is the damage done when the weapon is fired normally; the second digit is damage done when the weapon is charged up.
Magma Man's stage involve two main death hazards:
- There are a lot of magma pits in this stage. If Mega Man falls in one, he is destroyed instantly.
- There are also large timed magma pipes, that also destroy Mega Man instantly if he touches them. However, those can be hardened by Concrete Man's Concrete Shot and then destroyed by Splash Woman's Laser Trident.
Appearance in other media
Magma Man was also featured in the Worlds Collide crossover event between the Archie Mega Man and Archie Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe comic series. He appeared as part of a large army of Robot Masters assembled by Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman to defend their flying fortress, the Wily Egg. He joined several other fire-equipped Robot Masters like Heat Man and Pharaoh Man in attacking Blaze the Cat, but they were overcome when she turned the fire they had generated against them.
- The first episode of Mega Man: Upon a Star has several (over 20) fire robots called Magma Man that were created by Dr. Wily in Mount Fuji. They aren't related to this Magma Man.
- Magma Man was the only Robot Master in this game to not undergo a name change and/or redesign during development of Mega Man 9. However, his early designs show him with a more human-like form, including a distinctive head.
- The reason Magma Man is weak to the Tornado Blow is because air or powerful winds can clear out fire streams and fire.
- If Mega Man stands really close to the magma falling in his stage without touching it, a small spark effect can be seen near him.
- In the ending credits of Mega Man 9, Magma Man is seen using his bazookas to heat up the bottom of a small hot tub that Dr. Light is in.
- Due to color limitations, Magma Man's eyes are red in his mugshot, when they are actually blue in the artwork.
- Fire Man, another fire based Light-bot, also has the second-to-last model number.
- They also both have busters for both hands, and fire erupting from their heads.