|This page is about the Robot Master Magic Man. To see information on his NetNavi counterpart, see MagicMan.EXE.|
Magic Man (マジックマン Majikkuman?) is an illusionist themed Robot Master, and a member of King's army. He was formerly a member of a circus, but he enlisted in King's army in order to show off. His Special Weapon, the Magic Card, can steal energy from enemies to restore his health. His stage is one of the two stages unlocked by beating Ground Man.
Magic Man is a hard worker and natural showman who puts incredible effort into practicing his magic tricks, but because of his egotism and a bad habit of performing tricks at inopportune times, he is not regarded well by his comrades. He is something of an attention seeker -- he enjoys amazing people and especially receiving applause for his performances but tends to be very secretive about the trickery involved to make them work. He has also recently taken up fortune-telling as a hobby.
Mega Man & Bass CD data
Enemies in Magic Man's stage:
Magic Man appears as part of the Robot Master army serving Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman during the Worlds Collide crossover. He is among the Robot Masters who suffer the ill effects of Silver the Hedgehog's psychic powers, though their assailant soon found himself immobilized by Flash Man.
- He was originally called Magician Man in his early sketches.
- His dislike, revealing too much, is a reference to the phrase, "A magician never reveals his secrets."
- His weakness, the Tengu Blade, may be a reference to the term "cutting the deck", as he nearly splits in half when hit with it and uses cards to attack.
- Because Magic Man starts the battle in the center of the room, he dashes to the right before he begins attacking.
- Magic Man is one of two entertainer-themed Robot Masters, the other being Clown Man. Interestingly enough, both are weak to Tengu Man's weapons in the respective games in which they appear.
- Before the Magic Man from Mega Man & Bass, a Magic Man was created for the Nintendo Power Mega Man 6 boss character contest by reader Jason Clayton.