Lurerre the Abysroid (ルアール・ジ・アビスロイド Ruāru ji Abisuroido?) is a boss from Mega Man ZX fought on Area F, a frozen lake area. She's a cruel, childish and vain Pseudoroid, who uses a lure in the shape of a small mermaid to draw her prey close for surprise attacks from her massive, fish-like, true body. She was made from one half of Biometal Model L.
The Mega Man ZX manual states that Lurerre is modeled after a blowfish, but Lurerre's traits and battle style are more reminiscent of the anglerfish. She has a lure with the appearance of a robotic mermaid connected by a cable to her real body, which is a giant mechanical fish. Her color is deep blue with details in white and gold, complemented by red lights.
As the Biometal Model L Pseudoroid, Lurerre has control of the ice element and can manipulate it in various ways. Her fish body can also store large missiles with high destructive power. She uses her deceiving appearance to lure her opponents before attempting a surprise attack. It's also worthy of note that a shard of Model L resides on the lure's head.
Lurerre is rude and talks with a childish tone. She also shows hints of cruelty as she threatens to rip the Mega Man Model ZX apart "piece by piece". Ironically, she introduces herself as "the lovely Pseudoroid Model L" ("Model L Falseroid, Lurerre-chan" in the Japanese version), possibly only refers to her lure. An interesting note is that while Lurerre herself does not speak, she seems to be able to speak through her lure.
Lurerre was made by Serpent from half the data of Biometal Model L, with Leganchor receiving the other half, to keep the Serpent Report (a document detailing Serpent's intentions) a secret. She faces Vent/Aile in Area F, where the Mega Man Model ZX had just discovered a data disk while investigating a distress signal. When questioned about the missing data, Lurerre refuses to talk and attacks the Chosen One, but she is defeated and her half of Model L is taken. She is later revived for the final battle in Slither Inc.'s head office, but she is again defeated. As she dies, she states that Biometal Model W can have her spirit and hopes that the Mega Man Model ZX will be squished like a bug.
Lurerre appears in the end of chapter 6, where Pandora feeds the Pseudoroid while discussing Vent's victory over Hivolt with Prometheus. In the next chapter, Vent heads to Area F in response to a distress signal and finds a human maid laying on a frozen lake. However, the maid is actually Lurerre's mermaid lure disguised, and she uses the opportunity to drag Vent into the water. She takes advantage of the fact that Vent cannot hold his breath for long, using her ice to keep him stuck in the lake. Fortunately, Prairie gave Vent an oxygen tank before he left, and he manages to escape from Lurerre, but she sealed the hole she pulled him into with ice to make sure he will not escape. She also combines the speed of her lure with the endurance of her fish body to corner Vent, freezing him with her ice. She then prepares to finish off Vent with a missile from her fish body, but Vent recovers after receiving encouragement from Girouette's spirit and fires into Lurerre's gaping mouth, detonating the missile inside her. Vent's oxygen tank appears to have ended, but he manages to survive by changing into Model LX with the Biometal Model L obtained from Lurerre, learning that he can combine with other Biometals to use their powers.
Power and Abilities
The fight takes place underwater where Lurerre hides her true body off-screen, doing most of the fighting with her mermaid lure; however, she will occasionally expose her true body to use her strongest attacks. The lure can be destroyed with sufficient damage, but it will regenerate quickly to resume the fight. The Model L data is stored in the lure's head, so hitting her in that area will damage the Biometal as well.
- Icicle Spear: She moves down and up while throwing arrows of ice at the player. She throws two arrows at a time.
- Icicle Crash: She produces a spiky ice ball near the top of the screen and sends it forward; the ice ball drops frozen spikes in its path.
- Icicle Beam: She creates a large wall of ice and shoots it at the player. If the player fights back the wall using projectiles, the wall will be pushed back and will destroy the lure, prompting the fish body to bite the player.
- Aqua Pledge: She produces a small whirlpool with her hands to draw in the player.
- Charge Shell: A powerful shot to the lure's head will cause Lurerre to shoot out and bite the player.
- Torpedo Shot: Lurerre's fish body emerges with her maw open wide to fire a large missile. The missile can be destroyed.
- The name "Lurerre" may be a mix of the word "lure" with the French word "errer", which means "to wander". In which case, her name would mean "wandering lure".
- Lurerre is the largest Pseudoroid of Mega Man ZX.
- Although Lurerre does not appear in Mega Man ZX Advent, her DNA seems to have been carried over to the Rumblefishes.
- In the Japanese version, Lurerre speaks with two distinct tones; her voice at first can be mistaken for an innocent little girl, but when angered, her tone becomes much more rough and aggressive. This fits with her deceptive nature.
|Mega Man ZX|
| Hivolt the Raptoroid • Lurerre the Abysroid • Fistleo the Predatoroid • Purprill the Mandroid |
Hurricaune the Wolveroid • Leganchor the Gelroid • Flammole the Moleroid • Protectos the Goreroid
|Giga Aspis • Rayfly • Girouette • Prometheus • Pandora • Serpent • Omega|
|Database • Game Script (Vent's story • Aile's story)|
|Mega Man ZX series|
| Vent • Aile • Ashe • Grey • Girouette • Prairie • Guardians • Hunters • Raiders|
Sage Trinity • Aeolus • Atlas • Thetis • Siarnaq • Serpent • Prometheus • Pandora • Pseudoroids
|Mega Man ZX • Mega Man ZX Advent|
|ZX (Vent's story) • ZX (Aile's story) • ZXA (Grey's story) • ZXA (Ashe's story)|
| Biometal • Game of Destiny • Humanoid • Locations • Mega Man |
Mega Man ZX (manga) • ZX Tunes • ZXA Tunes • Rockman ZX Soundsketch - ZX GIGAMIX