Life Energy (ライフエネルギー Raifu Enerugī?) is an item in the Mega Man franchise. When touched, the item will recover a set amount of life energy from the player's character. They are usually found as an item dropped by defeated enemies, but can also be found in stages and by other methods, such as being possible rewards from the ? Can and Eddie. Except for the ones found in stages, Life Energy items will disappear a short while after its appearance on the screen.
The original Life Energy shows up during a side quest in Mega Man ZX Advent, being called a "Light Bulb," likely as a reference to the original Mega Man being solar powered.
Life Energy usually comes in two sizes, small (小 shou?) and large (大 dai?), but some games contain extra large (特大 tokudai?)/MAX versions that usually completely restores health. The small ones traditionally replenish between 2-4 units of the player's health, while the big ones restore between 8-10 units. In Mega Man 7, an extra large Life Energy can be found in Spring Man's stage using Rush Search (in the area with a lighter star in the background). This giant Life Energy only appears in this stage and has made no later appearances in the original series. In the Mega Man ZX series, the large Life Energy items can be sliced with saber weapons to create smaller and different types of energy items (Weapon Energy and Energy Crystals).
|This section requires expansion.|
|Mega Man 2-6, Mega Man 9-10||2||10||N/A|
|Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge to Mega Man V||N/A|
|Mega Man 7|
|Mega Man 8||N/A|
|Mega Man & Bass||N/A|
|Mega Man X, X2, and X3||N/A|
|Mega Man X4, X5, and X6||Full|
|Mega Man X7||Full|
|Mega Man X8|
|Mega Man Xtreme and Mega Man Xtreme 2||N/A|
|Mega Man Zero series|
|Mega Man ZX series||4||8||Full|
- While the Life and Weapon Energy items gained a new appearance in Mega Man 2, the game's North American manual uses the same pictures from the first game.
- ↑ Rockman 2: The Power Fighters
- ↑ Rockman Battle & Fighters instruction manual
- ↑ North American NES instruction manuals and Mega Man 7 manual
- ↑ "There is an energy pellet and an energy ball. These add a little energy and a lot of energy respectively." - Mega Man 2 North American instruction manual
- ↑ Mega Man X North American instruction manual