|Mega Man using Laser Trident.|
The Laser Trident (レーザートライデント Rēzā Toraidento?) is Splash Woman's special weapon from Mega Man 9. Mega Man shoots out trident heads, similar to how Wave Man shoots harpoons, but faster. This weapon is Concrete Man's weakness, and can break through his concrete blocks.
Damage Data Chart
Known damage values in units for Mega Man 9.
- For "Spike Shooters" and Wily Machine No. 9's first phase, both bosses do not have data for them because they must be damaged with their own weapon or obstacle -- the Laser Trident cannot inflict damage to them directly.
This weapon deals two units of damage to enemies when used by Mega Man (excluding weaknesses and immunities). When Splash Woman uses it (the projectile trident, not the trident itself) on Mega Man, it deals six damage to him.
Mega Man can fire two shots for one weapon energy unit. A total of fifty-six shots with a full weapon energy gauge.
- The trident can penetrate enemy shields like those of the Shield Attacker RX, Machine Gun Joe and Mettaur (making it one of the few special attacks in the classic series to do so).
- This weapon destroys block barriers that often protect items or branching paths.
- It is stronger than the standard Mega Buster and can be used as a primary weapon for dealing with most enemies because of its low weapon energy cost.
- It can be used to destroy objects "frozen" by Concrete Man's Concrete Shot, such as magma barriers.
- During production, Mega Man's color scheme for Laser Trident was two different shades of green.
- Similar to Thunder Bolt. Mega Man's colour scheme when using this weapon has an uncanny resemblance to the Bad Box Art Mega Man.
|Light / Laser Special Weapons and Techniques|
|Mega Man Classic series||Centaur Flash • Flash Stopper • Gemini Laser • Laser Trident • Spark Chaser|
|Mega Man X series X||Aiming Laser • Chameleon Sting • F-Laser • Ray Arrow • Ray Claw • Ray Splasher • Shining Ray|
|Mega Man X series - Axl||Ray Gun|
|Mega Man X series||C-Flasher • Rakuhouha • Rekkoha • Tenshouha|