|This article is about the original Knight Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see KnightMan.EXE.|
Knight Man (ナイトマン Naitoman?) is a Robot Master from Mega Man 6 designed to resemble a medieval knight, with his resistant spiked armor. He was created primarily for combat, with balanced attack and defense attributes, and it is said that he has defeated over 1000 robots in a duel. Knight Man is equipped with the Knight Crush, a strong flail (sometimes called mace or morning star) with a long chain in his left arm which allows him to attack with huge power from great distances. In his right arm, he holds a resistant knight's shield, allowing him to block almost all attacks from the front.
Knight Man is one of two of the Mega Man 6 lineup to be designed specifically for combat (the other being Tomahawk Man), though not explicitly for the First Annual Robot Master Tournament. In the First Annual Robot Tournament, he was reprogrammed by Mr. X to help him conquer the world. Because of his spirit of chivalry and honor, Yamato Man has great respect for him, and ironically, his weakness is the Yamato Spear, due to its ability to go around his shield and pierce his armor.
Knight Man attacks by throwing his mace. He throws it at exactly where Mega Man was when he started the attack: jumping at the opposite side it comes is the best way to avoid this. Also, the player has to try to determine where Knight Man will land after a jump, because he will attempt to land right on Mega Man. Sliding is the safest way to dodge his landing. He is only vulnerable when he attacks, as his shield deflects almost any attack. His weakness is the Yamato Spear, which also pierces through his shield and defeats him in seven hits. The Power Adaptor can also ignore his shield, but only if it is fully charged, and it deals decent damage to him, defeating Knight Man in fourteen hits.
Mega Man 6 stats
Energy: Solar Power
Height: 158 cm (5.2 feet)
Weight: 146 kg (322 lbs.)
Damage Data Chart
Amount of damage in units that Knight Man receives from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 6.
|Mega Man 6|
|Mega Buster||Blizzard Attack||Centaur Flash||Flame Blast||Knight Crush||Plant Barrier||Silver Tomahawk||Wind Storm||Yamato Spear||Rush Power Adapter||Beat|
* For the Mega Buster, the first digit is the damage dealt by an uncharged shot, the second by a fully-charged shot.
* For Rush Power Adaptor, the first digit is the damage dealt by an uncharged punch, the second by a fully-charged shot when Knight Man lowers his shield, and the third is the amount of damage dealt by a fully-charged punch when Knight Man has his shield raised.
In the Mega Man Megamix manga series, Knight Man is a robot from the United Kingdom that entered in the first World Robot Championship in the story "The Strongest Enemy to Date".
In the Rockman 6 manga, Knight Man is a fair and chivalrous robot. He was the sixth robot defeated by Mega Man. In this manga, Centaur Man is actually a long-haired female robot that loves Knight Man. After Knight Man's defeat, Centaur Man wants to avenge him.
Knight Man also appeared in the manga Rockman 4Koma Dai Koushin.
- His real life designer, Daniel Vallée, is Canadian, one of the first two non-Japanese persons to win a Mega Man character contest, the other in Mega Man 6 being Wind Man's designer.
- The extra part "Hammer Body" from Mega Man: Battle & Chase resembles Knight Man and can attack with a giant flail.
- Knight Man is supposedly believed to represent England.
- However, Knight Man's flail is German in origin and his armor is interchangeable.
- His stage represents how many death traps there are in old English castles.