Kamegoro Maker (カメゴローメーカー Kamegorō Mēkā?) is the boss of the first Wily Castle stage in Mega Man 3, an invincible machine that moves on a rail. It releases robotic turtles called Goro (Kame-Goro is Japanese for "Goro the Turtle") into the water and controls them. Five Kamegoros must be destroyed to cause the Kamegoro Maker to self-destruct. As for the Kamegoros, if one is left alone long enough, it will actually shed its shell, turning itself into an explosive projectile and swim faster. The Kamegoros were originally created to verify the quality of water.
As Mega Man destroys a Kamegoro, the health meter of the Kamegoro Maker will deplete much quicker for each one destroyed.
Hits Data Chart
Amount of shots/hits from Special Weapons it takes to destroy each Kamegoro.
|Mega Man 3|
|Mega Buster||Needle Cannon||Magnet Missile||Gemini Laser||Hard Knuckle||Top Spin||Search Snake||Spark Shock||Shadow Blade|
- Spark Shock will freeze the Kamegoro or its shell, but will not do damage.
Kamegoro Maker and the Kamegoros appear in episode 32 as a trap in Wily's castle. The Kamegoros attack with powerful bites and are called "robot turtles" by Wily, and the Kamegoro Maker is a green retractable tube in the wall that releases three Kamegoros, which are avoided by Mega Man by throwing the Shadow Blade in the buttons of the Kamegoro Maker, making it suck in the water and the Kamegoros.
Kamegoro Maker and Kamegoros appear in one panel from issue 46, where Mega Man faces them in the sewers of the third Wily Castle.
- Kame (カメ) is Japanese for "turtle" and Gorō (ゴロー) is a common Japanese male given name that means "fifth son", possibly referring to the fact that Kamegoro Maker releases five Kamegoros.
- Kamegoros also appear as enemies in the Mega Man 3 handheld game, where they are called "Turtles".
- The pattern at which the Kamegoro Maker's health is depleted is a reference to the Fibonacci sequence: two HP for the first one destroyed, three HP for the second one, five HP for the third, eight HP for the fourth one, and the last Kamegoro will deplete the last 10 HP for the Kamegoro Maker (though it is possible it was programmed to be 13, which is actually the next number on the sequence).
- In real life, turtles have shells whose plates follow the Fibonacci sequence.