|Zero executing Hyouretsuzan.|
- "Down + S.M. button while jumping. A dive attack. Effective against surface enemies."
- ―In-game text, Mega Man X4
Hyouretsuzan (氷烈斬? lit. "Ice Fury Slash"), is the special technique that Zero learns after defeating Frost Walrus in Mega Man X4. By pressing DOWN on the D-pad and the S.M. button while airborne, Zero turns the blade of his Z-Saber into ice and performs a downward thrust with it. Once Zero hits the ground while performing this technique, the blade will shatter.
Like some of his other techniques, Hyouretsuzan is capable of inflicting tremendous amount of damage as it can strike multiple times. Zero can double jump out of a Hyouretsuzan, and even do a second one without landing.
Damage Data Chart
Damage values in units in Mega Man X4.
- Minibosses such as Tentoroid and DG-42L and some bosses do not have an invincibility period when struck, so Hyouretsuzan can deal a tremendous amount of damage as it can inflict multiple hits. Damages listed on this chart is damage dealt per hit, not the total amount of damage done.
- Drill Crush from Mega Man Xtreme 2
- Quake Blazer from Mega Man X5
- Rakukoujin from Mega Man X6
- Enkoujin from Mega Man X8
Counterpart to this Technique
|Ice Special Weapons and Techniques|
|Mega Man Classic series||Blizzard Attack • Chill Spike • Freeze Cracker • Ice Slasher • Ice Wall • Ice Wave|
|Mega Man X series||Drift Diamond • Frost Shield • Frost Tower • Goo Shaver • Ice Burst • Shotgun Ice|
|Mega Man X series||F-Splasher • Hyouretsuzan • Hyoroga • Hyouryuushou • Shouryuuken|
|Mega Man Zero series||Blizzard Arrow • Ice Blade • Ice Javelin • Orbit Shield • Sharp Edge • Throw Blade • Triple Shot|
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)