Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Mega Man using Hornet Chaser.|
The Hornet Chaser (ホーネットチェイサー Hōnetto Cheisā?) is Hornet Man's Special Weapon from Mega Man 9. When equipped with this weapon Mega Man (or Proto Man) shoots out robotic hornet drones to sting enemies or to retrieve items (doing both if it happens to kill an enemy that drops an item). It gives priority to chase up enemies before grabbing items to the user.
Hornet Chaser is Splash Woman's weakness. However, if used when Splash Woman is calling her fish minions, Hornet Chaser will home in on them instead.
Damage Data Chart
Damage values in units in Mega Man 9.
- For "Spike Shooters" and Wily Machine No. 9's first phase, both bosses do not have data for them because they must be damaged with their own weapon or obstacle -- the Hornet Chaser cannot inflict damage to them directly.
Hornet Chaser deals only one unit of damage to enemies per hornet when used by Mega Man (excluding weaknesses and immunities).
Hornet Chaser costs one weapon energy unit per hornet. Mega Man/Proto Man can fire 28 hornets with a full weapon energy gauge.
- The hornets will bring back items to Mega Man, such as Life Energy and 1UPs, even through walls. It doesn't pick up E-Tanks and M-Tanks.
- Excellent for picking up items on spikes, fire pits, and other hazards.
- When retrieving an item, the Hornet Chaser's hornet appears nearly identical to the classic enemy Chibee.
- This weapon functions like Bomb Bee from Mega Man Xtreme 2 in the way that it goes after enemies, but Bomb Bee cannot retrieve items.
|Nature/Wood Special Weapons and Techniques|
|Mega Man Classic series||Hornet Chaser • Leaf Shield • Plant Barrier • Search Snake|
|Mega Man X series - X||Green Spinner • Spike Ball • Yammar Option|
|Mega Man X series - Axl||Blast Launcher|
|Mega Man X series||Renyoudan • Twin Dream • Yammar Option • Youdantotsu|
|Mega Man Classic series|| Beat • Dive Missile • Forte Vulcan • Homing Sniper • Hornet Chaser • Magnet Missile •|
|Mega Man X series|| Bomb Bee • Homing Torpedo • Parasitic Bomb • Shadow Runner • Sniper Missile •|
Thunder Dancer • Wind Cutter