- "Dash button while jumping. May be executed in the air."
- ―In-game text, Mega Man X4
Hienkyaku (飛燕脚? lit. "Flying Swallow Legs"), also known as "Flying jump", is the special technique that Zero learns after defeating Jet Stingray in Mega Man X4. This technique is based off Jet Stingray's ability to fly in mid-air. By pressing the Dash button while airborne, it allows Zero to perform a horizontal air dash. It can only be used if Zero has not already executed a dash jump from the ground or a wall.
- Hienkyaku is one the two special techniques, aside from Kuuenbu, that is not used for attacking, and also along with Kuuenbu it becomes a permanent skill for him from X4 onwards.
- Being Ground Hunter's counterpart, it should be Slash Beast's weakness and stun him, but it doesn't because it is not even an attack, just a special move. Slash Beast's weakness, Raijingeki, doesn't stun him either; it only slows him down.
- Hienkyaku is essentially Zero's version of Mega Man X's midair dash function from some of the Foot Parts in capsules.
- In Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, it appears that the move can also be used to dash in any other direction other than straight forward, such as straight downward in midair. The Heavy version on the ground or midair which makes him dash upward is a nod to a jump from a ground dash (if the player does not jump forward fully when they do so).
- In Mega Man Xtreme 2, Zero has this ability by default, despite the game taking place prior to X4.
Counterpart to this Technique
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)