|This article is about the Robot Master Gyro Man. For information on his NetNavi counterpart, see GyroMan.EXE.|
Gyro Man (ジャイロマン Jairoman?) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Wily that resembles a helicopter. He was originally planned to have a flying device, but it was replaced by a propeller built into his back due to cost issues (some sources say Wily's original design failed and he used a propeller because he was out of money - a theory that also supports the origins of Crystal Man). Gyro Man actually prefers this type of flight.
In Mega Man 5, he was ordered by Dr. Wily to take over a hanging garden and obtain money from the admission fee, but the attendance dropped as soon as he took over and Gyro Man became bored. His weapon is the Gyro Attack, small propeller-shaped cutters that can be controlled to move sideways, upward, or downward. He can't stand changes in gravity as they put stress on his propellers, therefore his weakness being Gravity Hold.
Video game appearances
Gyro Man is one of the eight bosses. He has two attacks. While on land, he attacks with Gyro Attack. To avoid it, the player has to jump over it to the side it comes, or jump over it and return to his position. Any of these options will make the Gyro Attack miss and leave Gyro Man vulnerable to attacks. When he flies above the clouds, he will fire a Gyro Attack from above and then try to dive into Mega Man. The player has to slide from side to side to avoid the Gyro Attack if it comes above him, and/or jump over it so it misses, and after that, slide to the side Mega Man has less space then slide to the other side so Gyro Man lands and misses, leaving him vulnerable to attacks, and Mega Man has a lot of space to dodge his next attack. His weakness is Gravity Hold, which can hit him regardless where he is, but as the player has fair enough energy to destroy him, it is better not to use it on his level, so the player comes with a full weapon bar to defeat him. Gravity Hold can destroy Gyro Man in seven hits.
Gyro Man is one of the six bosses from the "Mega Man 3~6" course. He will throw a Gyro Attack when on ground. Later on, the screen will move and will try to dive at Mega Man and doesn't use the Gyro Attack unlike in Mega Man 5. He will also then double himself.
- "Your best chance is when Gyro Man lands on the ground! A multi-angle weapon is effective against flying mechs."
- —Dr. Light
Gyro Man is one of the six bosses from the "Search for Wily!" course. He behaves like the previous game, except he fires four Gyro Attacks at once and will say "Hiro Ana" when he charges at Mega Man. He also has his propeller to defend him.
Enemies in Gyro Man's stage:
- Power Battle: くうちゅうていえんをせんきょし、にゅうじょうりょうをとるためにかいはつされたロボット。しきんぶそくからジェットエンジンではなくプロペラをとうさいすることになったらしい。とくしゅぶきは、ジャイロアタックじゃ。
- Power Fighters: ＰＢにもとうじょうしたジャイロマンは、ロックマン５でとうじょう。しきんぶそくからプロペラになったが、そのプロペラをさいだいげんにりようしてこうげきしてくる。とくしゅぶきのジャイロアタックはふくすうだされると、とてもよけにくいぞ。
Gyro Man appeared in the episode "Cold Steel" from the Mega Man animated series. Gyro Man, Spark Man and Gemini Man are disguised as a rock band that hypnotizes humans with their music. In the cartoon the Gyro Attack is Gyro Man's own propeller instead of propeller-shaped cutters, and Mega Man is able to fly when using it. He is voiced by Garry Chalk regularly and by Jim Byrnes whilst in disguise.
The Mega Man 5 bosses have short appearances fighting against Mega Man or helping Wily in the three episodes from the OVA.
In the manga, Gyro Man appeared in the story "Holiday of Soldiers", where the eight Robot Masters from Mega Man 5 have part-time jobs in an amusement park to obtain money for Wily. He operates the Roller Coaster. He also appears in Mega Man Gigamix.
Gyro Man debuted during the Worlds Collide crossover as part of Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman's Robot Master army. While defending the Wily Egg, he teamed up with several other wind-based Robot Masters in pursuit of Tails, Sonic the Hedgehog's sidekick.
- Gyro Man, along with Crystal Man, are the only two bosses in Mega Man 5 to take damage from each and every weapon.
- "Greek Sandwich", Gyro Man's likeness in his English CD data, may have something to do with the Greek delicacy, also called a gyro (pronounced "ghee-roh").
- Jupiter's quote, "Clear my way, you propeller scum!", probably refers to Gyro Man.
- If the ceiling in his room is removed with a cheat device, he will fly above the screen, causing him to die, and Mega Man will be trapped in his room unless the player resets the game. 
- Gyro Man has a cameo appearance in the opening of Mega Man 8.
- The extra part "Sky High Wing" from Mega Man: Battle & Chase resembles Gyro Man's propeller.
- Gyro Man's dislike of jet engines may be related to differences in cost when compared to propellers. Jet engines are expensive and fast, while propellers are cheaper and a bit slower. Not to mention the limitations propellers possess due to altitude. Therefore, there may be a rivalry between him and Jupiter, and some animosity with Tengu Man; both of which are equipped with jet engines.
- Gyro Man looks remarkably similar to Tornado Man, as they are both green, with a propeller somewhere on their body.
|Mega Man: The Power Battle|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass|
| - Mega Man 1~2 -|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Crash Man • Heat Man • Wood Man
- Mega Man 3~6 -
Magnet Man • Gemini Man • Dust Man • Gyro Man • Napalm Man • Plant Man
- Mega Man 7 -
Freeze Man • Junk Man • Cloud Man • Slash Man • Shade Man • Turbo Man
- Dr. Wily -
| Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Crash Bomber • Atomic Fire • Leaf Shield|
Magnet Missile • Gemini Laser • Dust Crusher • Gyro Attack • Napalm Bomb • Plant Barrier
Freeze Cracker • Junk Shield • Thunder Strike • Slash Claw • Noise Crush • Scorch Wheel
|Damage Data Chart • Script|
|Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters|
|List of Playable Characters|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass • Duo|
|List of Bosses|
| - Search for Wily! -|
Shadow Man • Plant Man • Gyro Man • Centaur Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man
- Rescue Roll! -
Cut Man • Stone Man • Shade Man • Elec Man • Dive Man • Slash Man
- Recover the new parts! -
Guts Man • Pharaoh Man • Air Man • Quick Man • Gemini Man • Napalm Man
- Dr. Wily -
|List of Special Weapons|
| Shadow Blade • Plant Barrier • Gyro Attack • Centaur Arrow • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire|
Rolling Cutter • Power Stone • Noise Crush • Thunder Beam • Dive Missile • Slash Claw
Super Arm • Pharaoh Wave • Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Gemini Laser • Napalm Bomb
|Rush • Beat • Treble|