Grenade Man (グレネードマン Gurenēdoman?) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Wily visually designed after a hand grenade (specifically a Mk 2 grenade, aka a "Pineapple Bomb"), having a similarly textured stomach area, and a headpiece reminiscent of a striker lever. He is sadomasochistic, enjoying both inflicting and receiving pain, particularly through getting himself caught in the explosions he creates. He fights primarily using his Flash Bombs and other such high-explosive weaponry. A special Overdrive system is installed in him, allowing him to move very quickly and to temporarily boost his power.
During the events of Mega Man 8, he was stationed at an ammunition factory somewhere in Chile, causing havoc with his soldiers and explosive weaponry.
- "I'm Grenade Man!"
- "Crush everyone! Ha ha ha..."
- "I'll be nice on you!"
- "I'll punish you!"
- "Yeah, ha ha ha. Say hello to my cute bombs!"
- "Flash Bomb!"
- "Crush!" (when Mega Man is hit by Flash Bomb or when Grenade Man dashes)
- "Ya ha ha ha ha!" (If his Flash Bombs hits a wall, causing girders to fall from the ceiling)
- Overdrive: "Crazy Destroyer!"
- "Hee hee!"
- "Oh yeah!"(Hit by Flash Bomb or Thunder Claw)
- "That felt good!"
Mega Man & Bass CD data
Enemies in Grenade Man's stage.
- Mid-boss: Ururuun
- Batton M64 (Bubble Bat)
- Big Telly
- Count Bomb CD
- Count Bomb GEO
- Dodonpa Cannon
- Fire Metall
- Joe Classic
- Spinning Gabyoall
- Telly R
Grenade Man appears in the Rockman 8 manga.
Grenade Man has a cameo appearance in Worlds Collide as part of a large army of Robot Masters.
- Coincidentally, Grenade Man's line, "Say hello to my cute bombs!" is similar to "Say hello to my little friend!", a line used in the movie, Scarface.
- There is an enemy called the Walking Bomb in Mega Man 3 located in Shadow Man's stage that bears a striking resemblance to Grenade Man, as both are based on grenades.
- Frost Man, Grenade Man, Astro Man, and Clown Man are the only Robot Masters in Mega Man 8 that do not have a MegaMan Battle Network series counterpart.
- Samples of Grenade Man are used in "Crush Everyone", done by The Quick Brown Fox, more commonly known as Renard, a Canadian musician. The video can be viewed here.