Grenade Man (グレネードマン Gurenēdoman) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Wily visually designed after a hand grenade (specifically an Mk 2 grenade, or a pineapple bomb), having a similarly textured stomach area, and a headpiece reminiscent of a striker lever. He is sadomasochistic, enjoying both inflicting and receiving pain, particularly through getting himself caught in the explosions he creates. He fights primarily using his Flash Bombs and other such high-explosive weaponry. A special Overdrive system is installed in him, allowing him to move very quickly and to temporarily boost his power.
During the events of Mega Man 8, he was stationed at an ammunition factory somewhere in Chile, causing havoc with his soldiers and explosive weaponry.
- "I'm Grenade Man!"
- "Crush everyone! Ha ha ha..."
- "I'll be nice on you!"
- "I'll punish you!"
- "Yeah, ha ha ha. Say hello to my cute bombs!"
- "Flash Bomb!"
- "Crush!" (when Mega Man is hit by Flash Bomb or when Grenade Man dashes)
- "Ya ha ha ha ha!" (If his Flash Bombs hit a wall, causing girders to fall from the ceiling)
- Overdrive: "Crazy Destroyer!"
- "Hee hee!"
- "Oh yeah!"(Hit by Flash Bomb or Thunder Claw)
- "That felt good!"
Mega Man & Bass CD data
Enemies in Grenade Man's stage.
- Mid-boss: Ururuun
- Batton M64 (Bubble Bat)
- Big Telly
- Count Bomb CD
- Count Bomb GEO
- Dodonpa Cannon
- Fire Metall
- Joe Classic
- Spinning Gabyoall
- Telly R
Grenade Man goes out to destroy Valentine's Day due to Wily disliking the holiday, destroying chocolates in the street. When Roll sees what he is doing, she points out that his plan is stupid due to chocolate factories being able to make more, and he proceeds to destroy the factories instead. Feeling bad for accidentally helping him, Roll searchs the closest chocolate factory and finds Grenade Man causing havoc inside. Roll tries to convince him to stop, but as he doesn't hear her and she refuses to give him the chocolate she bought earlier, he decides to destroy Roll alongside it. Mega Man appears in time to save her and defeats Grenade Man.
Grenade Man has a cameo appearance in Worlds Collide as part of a large army of Robot Masters.
- How he is weak to the Thunder Claw is a reference to the dangers of static electricity regarding explosives and volatile materials, as even a single shock is potentially disastrous to set off an accident.
- Coincidentally, Grenade Man's line, "Say hello to my cute bombs!", is similar to "Say hello to my little friend!", a line used in the movie, Scarface.
- There is an enemy called the Walking Bomb in Mega Man 3 located in Shadow Man's stage that bears a striking resemblance to Grenade Man, as both are based on grenades.
- Frost Man, Grenade Man, Astro Man, and Clown Man are the only Robot Masters in Mega Man 8 that do not have a MegaMan Battle Network series counterpart.
- Samples of Grenade Man are used in "Crush Everyone", done by The Quick Brown Fox, more commonly known as Renard, a Canadian musician. The video can be viewed here.