|This page is about the original Freeze Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see FreezeMan.EXE.|
Freeze Man (フリーズマン Furīzuman?) is an ice-themed Robot Master from Mega Man 7. He was originally built as a prototype robot for non-polluting energy before being modified for combat by Dr. Wily. Based on the theory that high and low temperatures combined are equal to normal temperature, Freeze Man can split the normal temperature in the ambient into high and low temperatures, using the former as energy source and the latter to attack with his Freeze Cracker, a snowflake-like projectile. Freeze Man is a perfectionist and likes to make cool poses. He has great respect for Ice Man.
He will not attack if Mega Man does not moves first, and will taunt Mega Man to pull out the first move. If Mega Man jumps, he will run at Mega Man before starting his attack pattern. If Mega Man shoots, he will immediately start the pattern. First, Freeze Man will attack with his Freeze Cracker. It is avoided by jumping over it, being careful of not being near the edges as Mega Man will freeze upon contact with the ice bits it releases. Next, he will jump and fire a Freeze Cracker to freeze the ground and Mega Man if he is standing there. It is avoided by jumping over the floor when it starts to freeze. Finally, he will use his Freeze Cracker to summon icicles, and then repeats the attack pattern. The icicles will destroy the icy floor, and are avoided by moving out of their way. His weakness is Junk Shield, which will trap him for a short time before he continues attacking. It defeats him in seven hits.
Stage description: Don't Slip!
- Bomb Sleigh
- Driver Cannon
- Icicle Teck
- Sniper Joe 01
- Spiral Gabyoall
- True Shield Attacker
- Shirokumachine GTV
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Freeze Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 7.
|Mega Man 7|
|Mega Buster||Freeze Cracker||Junk Shield||Danger Wrap||Thunder Bolt||Wild Coil||Slash Claw||Noise Crush||Scorch Wheel||Super Adapter|
- *For Mega Buster, Wild Coil and Noise Crush, the first number is the damage done when the weapon is fired normally; the second number is damage done when the weapon is charged up.
- *For Freeze Cracker, the first number is when the shot is whole; the second number is after it splits.
- *Hitting Freeze Man with the Freeze Cracker will recover his health by 4 units.
- When the player faces him again in Dr. Wily's Castle and hits him with Freeze Cracker (his own weapon), the game will freeze and he'll look at the player as if to mock them. After a brief moment his health is restored and the game will resume. This makes Freeze Man the only Robot Master to break the fourth wall.
- When Mega Man enters the room where Freeze Man will be fought, if the player does not press any buttons when the fight begins, he will taunt Mega Man and strike a pose towards the screen. A similar thing occurs with Skull Man in Mega Man 4, although Skull Man simply sits there as the NES does not have such capabilities.
- Freeze Man and Cloud Man are the only Robot Masters from Mega Man 7 whose mugshots are not based off their official artwork.
- Freeze Man's name had earlier been used in a boss submission for Mega Man 6.