|This article is about the original Flame Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see FlameMan.EXE.|
Flame Man (フレイムマン Fureimuman?) is a Robot Master from Mega Man 6 originally created to generate a large amount of thermal power, which is also his energy source. Although this is a somewhat outdated power source, it gives him more stability than robots with solar energy. Flame Man was later modified so he can use his thermal energy for fire attacks, released in the form of a flamethrower on his arm. With it, not only can he can attack from a distance with searing balls of fire, but he can utilize his Special Weapon, the Flame Blast, to scorch opponents with columns of fire that erupt from the ground.
In the First Annual Robot Competition, he was reprogrammed by Mr. X to help him conquer the world, but was defeated by Mega Man. His weakness is the Wind Storm, due to its ability to weaken him by cooling him down and blowing out the flames he produces. Flame Man is very punctual, as he has to refill his thermal energy three times a day, which makes him very demanding for oil. He sports a turban and likes to take care of his beard, but is somewhat fussy and dislikes using cheap oil to power himself.
Flame Man attacks by shooting three slow fireballs. They can be avoided by jumping over them one by one. He also jumps high, and can land over Mega Man if he is not careful enough. The player can avoid it by moving to the side Mega Man has more room when Flame Man lands. He also attacks by putting his flamethrower on the floor and sending Flame Blasts, consisting of several pillars of fire rising from the floor that block any attack. It is avoided by jumping over them when they are about to rise and towards Flame Man so Mega Man lands on a safe spot where the rest of the fire doesn't reaches him - however the location of the Flame Blast pillars can be a bit unpredictable and sometimes jumping will result in getting hit. His weakness is Wind Storm, which not only greatly damages Flame Man, but also ignores the Flame Blast and still makes it to hit Flame Man. It defeats him in seven hits.
Mega Man 6 Stats
Energy: Thermal Power
Height: 155 cm (5'1")
Weight: 98 kg (216 lbs)
Enemies that appears in Flame Man's stage, an Arabian temple with many oil pools.
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Flame Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 6.
|Mega Man 6|
|Mega Buster||Blizzard Attack||Centaur Flash||Flame Blast||Knight Crush||Plant Barrier||Silver Tomahawk||Wind Storm||Yamato Spear||Rush Power Adapter||Beat|
Flame Man appeared in the story "The Strongest Enemy to Date" from the manga, where he is an Arabian robot that entered in the first World Robot Championship.
- Flame Man makes a cameo appearance in Mega Man 7. He can be seen in the background of the Robot Museum stage.
- Flame Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man 10 as data of the Weapons Archive. The block with his data is weak to the Water Shield and Mirror Buster.
- Due to his appearance in the Weapons Archive and the order of the release of Mega Man 10's special stages, Flame Man and Strike Man are the first two robot masters to be weak against a Mega Man Killer's weapon.
- The jewel on Flame Man's head is green, but due to color limitation of the NES, it is orange in his Mega Man 6 mugshot.
- Flame Man's weapon, Flame Blast, is one of Mega Man's moves in the upcoming Super Smash Bros game for the WiiU and 3DS. It serves as his Down Smash attack, during which he crouches down and points both Busters at the ground, charges up, and blasts an eruption of flames upwards from the ground at either side of him, scorching nearby opponents and launching them into the air.
- Flame Man is believed to represent Saudi Arabia.