Fanner (ファンカー Fankā, "Fancar") are a class of virus in Mega Man Battle Network which resemble a large industrial fan with wing-like fins. These viruses, despite the apparent presence of legs, remain stationary in battle, and have an odd switch mechanism jutting from their backs. When attacking, these viruses produce a swirling tornado, capable of moving a set amount of panels, which homes in on the player. Stronger variants produce faster moving tornadoes which deal more damage.
- Their whirlwind attack hits up to three panels, homing in on the player.
- Their whirlwind attacks have a maximum range of eight panels. When grouped together, their tandem attacks can be very difficult to dodge, as their overlapping whirlwinds might end up cornering the player from any way to escape damage, or even hit all of the player's adjacent panels at once.
- While Fanner 2nd's attack had a range of eight panels, Fanner 3rd's attack range returns to three panels. However, their whirwind attacks deliver not one, but two hits of damage when they make contact with the player.
Virus Stats by Game
|Dropped:||Typhoon (A, B,G)|
|Location:||Energy Plant 2/3/4|
|Dropped:||Hurricane (G, I, J)|
|Dropped:||Cyclone (F, G, H)|
|Location:||WWW 5, Internet 15|
Typhoon (タイフーン Taifūn), Hurricane (ハリケーン Harikēn), and Cyclone (サイクロン Saikuron) in the first game, Tornado (トルネード) in the second game onward.
Mega Man Battle Network
|054||Typhoon||30||Creates a twister w/ 3 hits|
|055||Huricane||30||Creates a twister w/ 5 hits|
|056||Cyclone||30||Creates a twister w/ 8 hits|
|059||Tornado||8-hit tornado 2 ahead|
|Standard Chip 77||Tornado|
|Standard Chip 42||Tornado|
|Standard Chip 32||Tornado||8hit strm 2 squares ahead||20|
|Dark Chip 2||DarkTorn||TORNADO EXPANDS WHEN HIT||50|
- WindBox - A similar virus that replaced Fanner.
- AirMan.EXE - A NetNavi whose physical appearance resembles a Fanner.
Images from Sprites INC
|Mega Man Battle Network|
|Lan • Mayl • Chaud • Dex • Yai • Dr. Hikari • Wily • MegaMan • Roll • ProtoMan • GutsMan • Glyde • Bass|
|List of Bosses|
|FireMan.EXE • NumberMan.EXE • GutsMan.EXE • StoneMan.EXE • IceMan.EXE • ColorMan.EXE • ElecMan.EXE|
ProtoMan.EXE • BombMan.EXE • MagicMan.EXE • Life Virus
WoodMan.EXE • SkullMan.EXE • SharkMan.EXE • ShadowMan.EXE • PharaohMan.EXE • Bass.EXE
|List of Viruses|
| Ammonicule • Beetank • Big Snake • Billy • CanDevil • Canodumb • Cloudy • ColdBear • Fanner • Fishy • Flappy|
Floshell • Gaia • Handy • HardHead • Jelly • Megalian • Mettaur • Miney • Mosqurito • Piranha • Poitton
Popper • Prog • Puffy • Ratty • Rush • Satella • Spooky • Swordy • Twisty • VolGear
|List of Battle Chips • List of Upgrades • Walkthrough • Script|