- "Although short ranged, this weapon releases an explosive wave of energy directly in front of you!"
- ―Alia, describing X's Explosion, Mega Man X7
Explosion (エクスプロージョン Ekusupurōjon) is the weapon X and Axl receive from defeating Vanishing Gungaroo in Mega Man X7. It generates a powerful, but short ranged, slow-moving burst of energy. Axl needs to be wielding the G-Launcher to use it. When X charges it up, he can unleash blasts in all four compass directions, as well as straight up.
This weapon is Soldier Stonekong's weakness. It is also very useful on all the Crimson Palace bosses.
- Explosion is the only Special Weapon to date that has one word in its name as opposed to the standard two.
- The model of this blaster was reused as Axl's Blast Launcher in MMX8.
Counterpart to this Weapon
- Sepelak, Greg (2003). Mega Man X7 Official Strategy Guide. pg.27. BradyGAMES Publishing. (For attack damage.)
|Mega Man series|| Ballade Cracker • Black Hole Bomb • Bubble Bomb • Chain Blast • Commando Bomb • Crash Bomber • Danger Wrap |
Drill Bomb • Flash Bomb • Hyper Bomb • Napalm Bomb • Nuclear Detonator • Photon Missile • Remote Mine
|Mega Man X series||Bomb Bee • Explosion • Green Spinner • Magnet Mine • Parasitic Bomb|
|Mega Man X7|
|List of Mavericks|
| Tornado Tonion • Splash Warfly • Flame Hyenard • Ride Boarski • Snipe Anteator |
Wind Crowrang • Vanishing Gungaroo • Soldier Stonekong
|Mega Scorpio • Mole Borer • Red • Sigma|
|Mega Man X and Axl's Special Weapons|
|Volt Tornado • Splash Laser • Circle Blaze • Moving Wheel • Sniper Missile • Wind Cutter • Explosion • Gaea Shield|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijinshou • Suiretsusen • Bakuenjin • Zankourin • Hieijin • Souenbu • Hadangeki • Gokumonken|
| - Zero -|
D Glaive • V Hanger
- Axl -
Copy Shot • Double Bullet • G-Launcher • Ray Gun