Eregion (イレギオン Iregion) is the boss of the Opening Stage in Mega Man X4. In the first half (Sky Lagoon), the player must outrun him to avoid its claws and shots, and must also destroy the locked doors to get away. In the second part (the city ruins), the player must fight him.
He appears to be a mechanical dragon with a pair of huge wings, huge claws & a very long tail.
It is possible to "defeat" Eregion in the first area of the Sky Lagoon. By attacking its claw when it slams the ground (dash to left or right when it raises its hand, and attack), the player can damage and eventually reduce Eregion's health to zero. However, this won't change anything, as Eregion will simply escape (while covered in small explosions) and appear again as a real boss in the second area of the stage, without any difference at all in the fight should the player choose to escape from it before.
Despite having huge size (only shorter than General), Eregion appears to be, if not the weakest, one of the weakest bosses due to his easy-to-get-hit weakness (torso). After Eregion is defeated, the player will encounter Colonel for the first time and learn of Repliforce's declaring war for independence.
Power & Abilities
- He can fly via his mechanical wings. He also uses his flight to try to crash into his enemies.
- He can shoot energy balls from his mouth, firing either three single shots or a stream of rapid fire.
- He can perform slash attacks with his claws.
- When Eregion manages to get close to players, use Dash constantly to the other side of the screen to avoid his claw attacks & crash attack.
- When Eregion shoots energy balls in single-shot mode, simply move or dash on the ground to avoid.
- When Eregion shoots energy balls in rapid-shot mode, use Dash Jump to jump near to Eregion's feet once the enegy balls are about to hit you.
As X, players should use fully-charged shots of X-Buster to deal enough damage on Eregion's torso. X should stay away from Eregion as far as possible.
As Zero, players should come close to Eregion and perform jumping Z-Saber slashes as fast as possible on Eregion. Zero should use Z-Saber alongside with his mobility.
Eregion appears in the Rockman X4 manga.
- The name "Eregion" is not to be pronounced as "region"; the g should sound exactly as the g in the word get.
- Eregion is part of J. R. R. Tolkien fiction, as it was a kingdom of the Noldorin Elves in Eriador.
- Ironically, years later, a very similar name to Eregion is used in the popular book series "Eragon", which coincidentally also features dragons.
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)