Bot Transfer is an episode of the Mega Man animated series. The episode was written by Richard Merwin.
Dr. Light, Mega Man, Roll, and Rush fly to a conference and encounter Dr. Wily's robots on the airplane along the way. When Mega Man and Roll follow them to the luggage section of the plane, they are gone without a trace. However, they do find a large unknown chamber stored nearby and take it to analyze.
Later that night, Mega Man is duped into meeting with an "old friend of Dr. Light" and gets trapped in an identical transport chamber by Wily and Proto Man. After locking him in, Mega Man's essence is switched into Snake Man's body and vice versa.
Now, not only does Dr. Wily have "Mega Man" on his side, but the real Mega Man has to try and convince his family that he is really not the evil Snake Man.
Robot Master Appearances: Snake Man
- This is the first appearance of Snake Man who becomes a reoccurring Robot Master in Season 2.
- This is the only mention to anything similar to teleportation, which was never used in the cartoon, but used in the games to get Mega Man to the stages.
- In one scene, ProtoMan tears down the fourth wall and talks to the camera like in movies such as Annie Hall, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Wayne's World and High Fidelity (see quotes).
- Proto Man: "Boy! What's the world coming to when you can't trust your own brother?"
- Roll: "I can't believe it. My brother's a snake!" (realizing that Snake Man really is Mega Man)