The Energy Balancer (エネルギーバランサー Enerugī Baransā?), also known as Energy Equalizer and E. Balance, is an item that recovers energy from the Special Weapons with less energy when the player takes a Weapon Energy item without the need to select a weapon before taking it. However, if the player wishes to refill a specific weapon, equipping that weapon will cause the obtained weapon energy to fill that weapon instead of other weapons. It appears in Mega Man 6 and Mega Man 7 as a hidden item, and can be bought in shops. In the Mega Man X and Mega Man ZX series, the function of the Energy Balancer is part of the characters by default.
In Mega Man ZX Advent, an Energy Balancer appears in Floating Ruins 3 as one of the four artifacts to retrieve in a sidequest for a Sub Tank. It is called the Old Balancer in the game, and is said to be a concept that is now taken for granted, but before they came along, unused energy was simply wasted into the atmosphere.
- It first appears as a secret item in Mega Man 6. It is found in Tomahawk Man's stage, in a room that can only be accessed with Power Mega Man, where Proto Man gives it to Mega Man.
- In Mega Man 7, it can be bought with 240 Bolts after finding Auto's Hyperbolt, or found in Shade Man's stage using the Rush Search under the portrait of Dr. Wily.
- In Mega Man 8, it costs 5 Bolts.
- In Mega Man & Bass, it costs 120 Screws.
- In Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha, it costs 150 Screws. In this game, the energy of Special Weapons is refilled when they aren't equipped even without the Energy Balancer, but without it, the weapon energy will be given to the first weapon in the menu with reduced energy instead of the one with lowest energy.
- In Mega Man 9, it costs 100 Screws.
- In Mega Man 10, it costs 100 Screws when using Mega Man and 150 Screws with Proto Man and Bass.
- In Mega Man IV, it can be exchanged by 150 P Chips.
- In Mega Man V, it can be exchanged by 140 P Chips.
The Energy Saver (エナジーセイバー Enajī Seibā?) is an item from Mega Man 8, Mega Man & Bass and Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha that reduces the amount of energy used by Special Weapons, allowing them to be fired more times. In Mega Man 8, it costs 6 Bolts and is available after completing Duo's stage. In Mega Man & Bass, it costs 200 Screws, and in Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha 150 Screws.
The Power Generator (パワージェネレーター Pawā Jenerētā?) is an item from Mega Man V that has the same effect of the Energy Saver. The item becomes available for free by collecting the four crystals in the stages of Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and Uranus.